March 28, 2024, 08:40:22 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

son moving out

Started by elsieshaye, September 11, 2011, 11:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam1

(((elsieshayes)))  You've been in my thoughts lately.  You're strong and did the right thing which would be too hard for many to do. 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

elsieshaye

Pam, Pooh, Jane, Ruth, Doe, Nana, and everyone else who has commented - thank you from the bottom of my heart.  It really helps to be heard.  (I've been in self-absorption mode, and realized I never did say thank you for the encouragement and advice.)
This too shall pass.  All is well.

Pooh

Nah...you're in survival mode  ;D

You are welome.  It's what we do for each other and why we all can get along so well in here, even when we don't agree.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

Elsie, I think you're an amazing mom. This is where it shows, when the going gets really tough.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

pam1

Elsie, you give your thanks in your support in other threads.  :) 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

sesamejane

I agree Elsie.  This is such hard work you are doing, and it is inspiring and encouraging to others who are going through it too.  It is clear that other women are reading these posts who do not post themselves. 

:-*