March 28, 2024, 04:36:12 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Thank you from smlgrammy

Started by smlgrammy, January 05, 2010, 04:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smlgrammy

A sincere thanks to all who replied to my 1st post. I sincerely appreciate your words of wisdom and support. This is not something I feel comfortable sharing with friends, so to find this site and find all of you is certainly a blessing.

I have been documenting recent events in case this situation escalates. Even my DIL's mother told her that if she ever catches her at that woman's home again with the children she (her mom) would call Social Services.

I am keeping my eyes and ears open, hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Thank you again for your kind words, I'll be back very soon. Hopefully I can help someone else out there in some small way. See you this evening.

cremebrulee

yanno, that is such a good thing, her mother stepping up like that...that is tough love...and the best way to handle it...perhaps her mother and you, in the future will become close...and perhaps there is hope for her, but in the meantime, hang tough...and God bless you all....

RedRose

smlgrammy,

"This is not something I feel comfortable sharing with friends, so to find this site and find all of you is certainly a blessing."
I agree with you...this site is wonderful...visited by caring people that have a lot of experience and wisdom to share.