March 28, 2024, 08:46:39 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

boundaries

Started by Kinzey, October 16, 2009, 02:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cremebrulee

it's hard to believe that people would put so much effort into being cruel and contradictive...isn't it...if people would take all that negative energy and put it into something good, they would have a need to be jealous, insecure, immature or fearful would they?

2chickiebaby

They found someone who was weak and tried to destroy me...and you too.  You can't approach them in a weak manner.  I didn't know....just thought all were nice and trying to learn too.

cremebrulee

wull, Chickie, there is no way they can destory us...none....don't give them that much power....they said harsh and nasty things...but, hey, they're not anyone I know, family, etc....actually, more then hurt me, they showed exactly how contrary they can be to they're MIL's....right?  But, Chickie, ain't nobody, but nobody going to destroy me...ever!!!!

and you should feel that way to....they are only strangers we met on the street....

2chickiebaby

I know that in theory, Creme...but inside, when it's happening....when you're being chastised for posting your thought/heart, it hurts.  I am trying not to let that happen again.

Pen

OMG, this all sounds like junior high school! Just keep your head down while walking through the halls and the mean, snobby girls might not notice you...uh oh, they just grabbed your clothes from your PE locker and are throwing them around the locker room to show everyone the Sears labels (their clothes come from Saks.)

I'll pass, thanks.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

RedRose

Quote from: cremebrulee on January 08, 2010, 05:21:49 AM
it's hard to believe that people would put so much effort into being cruel and contradictive...isn't it...if people would take all that negative energy and put it into something good, they would have a need to be jealous, insecure, immature or fearful would they?

this is sooo true ... but it still hurts

cremebrulee

Hiya Rose
Yes, it does tend to hurt pretty good...I suppose, somehow, I've worked thru all that, and am now pretty thick skinned...been writing on the internet for 10 years...and when someone would attack me personally, OMG, it really set me off kilter....but now, I could care less, especially after all the rounds with those DIL's....my sking became leather like...LOL  and it's nice to be here...buy yeah, I do know it hurts....

come err....big hugsssssss

RedRose

Quote from: cremebrulee on January 08, 2010, 10:01:53 AM
Quote from: cremebrulee on January 08, 2010, 09:59:58 AM
Hiya Rose
Yes, it does tend to hurt pretty good...I suppose, somehow, I've worked thru all that, and am now pretty thick skinned...been writing on the internet for 10 years...and when someone would attack me personally, OMG, it really set me off kilter....but now, I could care less, especially after all the rounds with those DIL's....my sking became leather like...LOL  and it's nice to be here...buy yeah, I do know it hurts....

and I hope you gals all understand, I'm not trying to dismiss your feelings...not in the least, more so, trying to help get you to the point where it doesn't hurt...

come err....big hugsssssss

ok...hugssss back
I'm gonna learn from you