April 24, 2024, 09:45:30 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

New Here and Can Relate

Started by nicelady, August 29, 2011, 07:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Begonia

Thank you Doe, or maybe just a Meow will do?   :)
Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift (Eleanor Roosevelt)

Doe

:)
You know that observation: 
Dogs think 'they feed me, shelter me, pet me, love me...they must be gods!' 
Cats think 'they feed me, shelter me, pet me, take care of me...I must be a god!'

Pen

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

I have never heard that. Wonderful!!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

SunShine

It is amazing what happens when our DD's or DS's find a gf or bf.  Some of them do change to fit the person they are with and if that person isn't right for them, they seem to rage against us. They can't see the forest for the trees and don't see how the other person is changing them. At this moment, I'm glad my DD and DS have no gf's or bf's. It's been awful when they've had them. They have chosen poorly in the past, or my DD has. DD has chosen men with a lot of baggage and drama. Sometimes our adult children rage against us, because they want us to save them from themselves... yet they tell us not to interfere. Hang in there, as hopefully he will chose correctly one day and it will all work out. Ignoring his bad behavior is very hard, but I'm hoping for you that he will grow more in time. I'm not sure this is what is happening, but I've had that experience when they've had a gf or bf.