March 28, 2024, 02:47:01 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Bridges

Started by luise.volta, June 22, 2009, 03:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just2baccepted

Happydays I'm sorry I should have read your post closer than what I did before commenting.☺

SunnyDays09

Quote from: just2baccepted on August 13, 2009, 02:39:49 PM
Happydays I'm sorry I should have read your post closer than what I did before commenting.☺
That's ok.  :)   

Hey, and perhaps I do have issues, but to go and diss someone like that without a chance of them defending themselves?  She was wrong. 
   And the evil she does will come back to bite her someday. 
   I have said prayers for her - but now I just mention I forgive what they did.  I am at peace, pretty much.  Just here to help others. 

SunnyDays09

Quote from: Prissy on August 09, 2009, 09:44:00 AM
This situation, HappyDays is beyond awful but still, there is a measure of caring in the fact that she would be posting on MySpace or anywhere else about you.

I hope this makes sense but the opposite of love is apathy and if there was no measure of caring, she would not be posting anywhere.

Not that this means she is a nice person, just the opposite.  She's not. But, what I am thinking is that she is wasting a lot of time on someone she supposedly hates. 

What do you think? 

If I had apathy towards someone, I'd not give them a second of thought, much less write on a website about them.  This woman is so deeply disturbed that it's not funny.....having someone burn your head is not just crazy, it's scary CRAZY.

It makes sense to me.  And it must infuriate her that I have done nothing in return.  Maybe she and her family have found some of my posts on forums.  That I don't care too much about.  There was once a wedding forum she belonged to. A question was posted a month before her wedding.  A post by a person with her initials and my son's (totally coincidental, probably another person with the same initials - but she told me about this forum and how much info she gets from it)  asking if it was alright to not invite the grooms mom to the bachelorette pre-party dinner but having bride's mom and aunts there? (Most of the replies, said "NO" if you ask and have one mom, you should have the other. 

It was titled, "Is this ok?"  You see, I was not invited to the dinner on the night of the bachelorette thing.  Her mom was and so was two of her aunts.  My daughter was there - but being 19 she could NOT attend anything after and could have used a friend to drive her downtown.  It hurt my feelings.  She never even said anything.  Her mom gets to go, as well as two of her moms sisters,  are there as well.  But, ignore the groom's mom.  I could have just been a friend to go with my 19 year old daughter, it was far from home, in a bar/restaurant, in a very busy downtown area the next state over-with very expensive off street parking.  The dinner was over around 10:30pm and my unchaperoned daughter was driving by herself late at night.  In an unfamiliar area.  She called me that night and we talked until she got closer to home.  She was a little upset.  She was a little afraid of getting lost and I had no idea what area she was even in!! 
  I was a bit upset bridezilla chose to have the youngest member of her bridal party (and soon to be sil), attend a bar dinner alone late at night and not offer a ride with someone or whatev. 
  It's unreal that she posted the question a month before.  Was told No.  And I wasn't invited.  Oh well.  Crud.  I am whining again.

Prissy

♥  I DID IT!!!!  It works!!

just2baccepted

Happydays09 I also just wanted to clarify that I didn't mean I thought you have Bipolar,  I was referring to the mother and possibly daughter.  I have a sister who has borderline personality and bipolar so I'm senstive to crazy behavior.

SunnyDays09

Quote from: Prissy on August 13, 2009, 08:25:03 PM
♥  I DID IT!!!!  It works!!
Do I get a plussie for that??  ♥

SunnyDays09

Quote from: just2baccepted on August 14, 2009, 09:54:13 AM
Happydays09 I also just wanted to clarify that I didn't mean I thought you have Bipolar,  I was referring to the mother and possibly daughter.  I have a sister who has borderline personality and bipolar so I'm senstive to crazy behavior.
I am really not sure, but there is SOMETHING.  My dil seems to always be very nervous and upset around her mother.  Always trying to please, say the right things - to get constant positive attention from the woman as much as she possibly can!  It is sad to watch, when the woman -her mother completely ignores her.
   The dil's mother is quite the package.  Domineering doesn't even begin to describe this hellion.  Bossy, opinionated, snarky, always displeased and be sure to know what she wants and when she wants it type!  Who needs that?
  They seem to always have large amounts of alcohol around whenever they are together?  I truly believe people tolerate this woman to the nth degree, for fear of being on the receiving end of her meanness.  As I was.  For I didn't give her much attention.  I was polite, and courteous, but I wasn't about to let that woman run MY life.  No thanks.

luise.volta

Oh, boy...large amounts of alcohol in an already no-win situation! :(
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

SunnyDays09

Quote from: luise.volta on August 14, 2009, 01:15:30 PM
Oh, boy...large amounts of alcohol in an already no-win situation! :(
We just didn't fit in.  We sat there with water or soft drinks and it seemed the "hosts" and their family felt put off by us not drinking?!  Something.  Not quite sure.  Even at the bridal hair thing, I was constantly being told to drink my mojito.  I immediately had suspicion.  There was a blonde woman painted on it.  I was the only blonde.  I just felt as if it was spiked with ex-lax or something.  And there was hair floating in it!  eeew.  no thanks.  Not thirsty! 

Prissy

HappyDays,
This is out and out abuse of the highest order!!  There is no doubt that you and your daughter were being turned into a Bridal Party game...

Hair in the glass? A picture of you painted on it?  Something is wrong witht these people. The beauty shop owners and operators were in on it too?  Were they friends of the Bride?  Is it in your town? 

My gosh, it's probably been too long but I think I'd write them up with the BBB or find a place online that complains about businesses, SOMETHING! 

It sounds to me like she thinks you think you are better than they are. They are drinking and partying but you're not (when your scalp is being burned, you're not in the mood anyway!!).  Some people are like that, I've seen it.