March 28, 2024, 09:39:08 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

DD and friends

Started by pam1, August 30, 2011, 03:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam1

Quote from: Ruth on September 01, 2011, 07:23:29 AM
I'm glad you brought this up, Pooh. because that was my thought also.   Harming an animal is a serious issue, a counselor should be notified.  I don't believe we were told what was the exact nature of the 'abuse' maybe sometimes young children pull a dog's tail, etc., and I just consider that something to correct and try and tell them about empathy, but real abuse needs to have counselor or social services involved.  thanks for caring.

This was not tail pulling.  I didn't really want to post it b/c it is disturbing.  Trust me, full blown abuse.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Doe

Quote from: pam1 on September 01, 2011, 07:23:43 AM
I just can't figure out his parents....all these red flags.  Errrr

Whatever is going on, I think the neighborhood would benefit from your actions.  Maybe you could gather some others to back you up.

Sassy

QuoteHe goes to DDs school and I know he has had behavioral issues.  The school counselor and I are friendly and I think she might listen to me "off the books." 

Absosuperlutely. 

The thing about his parents, well.  I think some abusive children might be antisocial by nature.  And some abusive children might be modeling behavior they've seen or had done to them.  Your school counselor is a mandated reporter.  When you tell her, if the latter occurs to her, it will be reported to child protection agencies and investigated.  Which while never pleasant, may be one bit of hope for him.