March 28, 2024, 08:25:39 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Counting our blessings

Started by mom2, December 31, 2009, 09:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mom2

Happy New Year friends !

I pray we all have peace this year and if things don't improve in our families then I hope we have the strength and good sense to accept the way things are and live with it.

I am so thankful to God for my health, for healthy children, grandchildren and my husband. 
In spite of all the confusion in my family.. I am a blessed woman !!

Happy New year Luise.. hope you and your husband are well.

2chickiebaby

Happy New Year to my dear friends....Luise, please let us hear how you are.....sending blessings and love

greeneyes100

RedRose

May this New Year bring prosperity, love, and happiness to all of you.

cremebrulee

Happy New Year...May all your days ahead be filled with happiness and fulfillment....you guys are very successful...we all are...and very lucky to have each other...

greeneyes100

What a blessing to have found this site   thanks everyone

2chickiebaby

You're so right, Green.  We can pour out our hearts here, learn from others, no mean people, just loving guidance.  What a blessing this site is!!!

2chickiebaby

January 01, 2010, 01:35:09 PM #7 Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 01:38:27 PM by 2chickiebaby
Thank God we are safe here!!!  On other sites, we'd be tarred and feathered, called all kinds of names, chased from board to board and generally dragged into hell. The DILs on the hate sites must really hate themselves to come back at people under assumed names just to get their high for the day. 

Makes you feel so grateful for this site. 

The DILs here are loving toward us too.  How blessed we are  to have them.  At their own risk of being treated badly by other DILs, they choose to treat us with kindness. They are so special and deserve love from their own MILs.  We would love them dearly.

greeneyes100

Just letting you know it is 4.10pm in Aussie 3/1/10 and I am going to have a coffee with a blind date???

greeneyes100

LOL  he is not blind I have not met him before

2chickiebaby

This is exciting!!  Let us know immediately when you get back!!

greeneyes100

thanks for your interest girls.. He was nice, we went to a golf club.  Trouble is I have been on my own for so long, I am not sure what I want in a partner, no that is not true because of my life I think I am so chosey about what I want and I pick up any little flaws. He was nice, I didnt pick up any nasty traits in the 2 hours I spoke to him......I am on a dating site now...lets see.... I have another coffee date tomorrow.

2chickiebaby

Well, Green?? Already another date??  I'm excited for you!!  Was he cute?  He needs to be cute and it would be really nice if he had muscles...and a tan and great looking teeth and lots of hair.  Also, could we have a great dancer?  And, a nice conversationalist with perfect manners and a tremendous sense of humor. While we're on a roll here, how about a gozillionaire?  Especially a sense of humor...we love to laugh.  He could straighten us all out too....could he have be a Doctor?  We have tons of questions for him. 

Yes, that's it, Green....a Doctor!!  Is that asking too much?  ;D

greeneyes100

there are not too many with good teeth and hair  LOL  I am yet to find a wealthy one so I am looking more for the older widower now as the younger than me   62   only want sex and have no money

2chickiebaby

Drats!!  We can dream, though!! :)