March 28, 2024, 09:35:31 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

GRATITUDE

Started by greeneyes100, December 30, 2009, 08:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greeneyes100

I want to express my gratitude to everyone for your comments. What a great sounding board I had when I 1st visited this site. You enabled me to talk about my problems and with that I was able to think more clearly about what I was allowing to happen to me. Thanks so much.
Would you like to write one thing you are grateful for on this posting each day?

1.  I am grateful for my health     

cremebrulee

Hi GreenEyes...nice thoughts....and it's been nice meeting you and all the other lovely ladies here...

I'm thankful for my life, health, job and all the experiences I had, both good and bad....

greeneyes100

thanks for joinng the gratitude post. It is New Years Eve here in Australia.
2. I am grateful for having a soft bed to sleep in

Victim

I am greatful for finding this sight and for Luise for creating this safe place for us to come and vent. I am also thankful for the support and for the welcome I got here.

This is going to be a good year, one of growth

Thank you for allowing me to be here  ;D

RedRose

December 31, 2009, 05:13:21 AM #4 Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 05:14:56 AM by RedRose
I am thankful for my husband, the way we love each other, and the fact we are always there for each other.

greeneyes100

Gratitude is such a beautiful thing. Sometimes when we have problems we forget the other wonderful things that we have in our life. Even the small things,like hot water etc.
Please can we keep this going that each day we say 1 thing we are grateful for,it is so good for our soul oxox D

isitme?

I'm also grateful to Luise for creating this site and I'm glad I thought to come to a place like this instead of staying on the DIL hate sites.  Listening to the advice and comments I have gotten from many of the women here is what prompted me to seek professional counseling with my BF.

greeneyes100

HAPPY AND JOYOUS NEW YEAR FROM AUSTRALIA

2chickiebaby

Happy New Year, Greeneyes from America!!  I was hoping that over there, under there, everyone was just perfect.  Somewhere there has to be that place.  It must be in Heaven.  On earth there's only humans.  Gosh, we're complicated!

I'm grateful that at the end of 2009, I discovered that I was blaming the wrong DIL all along!!  At least it's a start.

cremebrulee

Happy New Year Chickie, Louise, all you wonderful ladies...I'm having the Traditional Pork & Sauerkraut New Year's Dinner, MP, Corn, Rice Pudding & Apple Walnut Caramel Pie... and so greatful for friends and family who will be attending...

Ladies, thank you much for all your kindness to me....

2chickiebaby

Creme, if you don't have cabbage (for money) and Black Eyed Peas (for luck),  you'll be in for years of bad luck!!  I'll be worried about you!  And don't forget the cornbread!!

Pork Sauerkraut? ???

isitme?

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers to hoping we all start off 2010 healthier, happier and more emotionally prepared to deal with difficult people for the sake of our families and loved ones!

2chickiebaby

Yes!! A thousand times yes...2010, a new year for emotional health.  Thanks, Isitme... :)

Pen

Thanks for this topic - I was heading for a minor pity party, but now I'm counting my blessings and remembering all I am grateful for, expecially this site! Happy New Year, ladies. May we persevere with dignity and grace.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

cremebrulee

Quote from: 2chickiebaby on December 31, 2009, 08:38:40 AM
Creme, if you don't have cabbage (for money) and Black Eyed Peas (for luck),  you'll be in for years of bad luck!!  I'll be worried about you!  And don't forget the cornbread!!

Pork Sauerkraut? ???

Pork and Sauerkraut is our Traditional Good Luck meal for New Years Day...