April 16, 2024, 12:23:36 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

WHAT ARE YOUR GOALS FOR 2010

Started by greeneyes100, December 29, 2009, 05:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greeneyes100

Mine are on loving yourself  still have more to add

Pen

Yup, that's a good one. I'm also going to watch how I react to situations - I'd like to take a deep breath and count to 20 before I freak  :P
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

2chickiebaby

my goal for 2010 is to do whatever someone/anyone tells me to do.  I'm so confused now I don't know if I'm coming or going.

Apparently, I've raised a narcissist and the DIL I came in here to discuss is not really the problem, the other one is.   What the heck?  I know I've got problems, that's all I know. Maybe I'll concentrate on making myself better?  :P 

greeneyes100

I will love myself more.  protect and nuture myself. Help people who are deserving.  lose 6kg.  start walking which I started this morning.  1 small holiday. learn latin dancing.  anyway I have heaps more on post  loving yourself

2chickiebaby

Okay, that sounds good.  I'll lose 6kg......what is that exactly? :-[ 

greeneyes100

I dont know I still remember pounds  LOL  around 12 pounds I think

2chickiebaby

okay, I'll do that...and maybe I'll start walking and walk right across the state line and then across the country and for no reason at all, I'll turn around and walk back. 

And then I might invest in something, like a shrimp boat with my friend, Bubba and become a Gozillionaire and mow a lawn for free.  I might take up Ping Pong too and become a national champion.  That's all I want to say about that.

greeneyes100

Gee Girl  thats sure way to loose weight  LOL

2chickiebaby

well, I've got magic legs....Mama always said that.

greeneyes100

2chickiebaby

greeneyes100

just2baccepted

Oh boy that's a good one.

1.  Find a second job b/c the economy has pulled down my work hours.

2.  Get an adult female poodle with a good personality. (DH talked me into a poodle instead of a Shih tzu)

3. Send my non-confrontational letter to my MIL.  I finished the letter but have not got up the nerve yet to send it.  But I have to say it has taken a weight off my shoulders.  B/c even though its going to hurt to hear, she needs to know why we've pulled away.  DH has promised to back me if MIL wants to talk about the letter.  Then it will up to her if she wants to change the relationship and decide to accept me for who I am or continue being alienated from us.

4.  I want to snorkel again.  That was literally heavenly.  Please  try if you havent's and if you can.  But I have to get that second job first.

5. Continue working on exercising and taking my vitamins and continue changing my eating habits.  Which I've been doing this for some time b/c my blood pressure has been creeping up.  So far I've been doing okay expect when we go to Subway sometimes I sneak a couple chocolate chip cookies.

6.  I shouldn't have put this one last.  But I want to develope more Christian relationships and get back into church and reading more spiritual literature.

greeneyes100

your goals are fabulous. A poodle is more inteligent  true. No I have not snorkeled it sounds like so much fun and what a relaxing thing to do, I must try it.
I have students board in my home for some income which works well for me.
Fab idea sending a letter,it is great DH is backing your stand.
Be proud of yourself   D

greeneyes100

I will repaint 1 room at a time in my home