April 26, 2024, 12:22:37 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

GF Did Not Respond to email for a convenient time to visit baby GD

Started by triplelace, September 21, 2011, 06:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sesamejane

Well, it seems unanimous - going  uninvited will only make things worse imho. 

Hugs triplelace

Keys Girl

Quote from: Ruth on September 22, 2011, 10:32:27 AM
Triplelace, I understand how you feel.   Some of us have such a sense of urgency, that is is nearly impossible to get past it, it becomes a type of obsession.  I say this because a few years ago when the rift happened between MIL and myself, I was hammering ds day after day, to get a way to fix the problem.  It was ugly, for a long time.  At one point, he told me, 'Ruth, the problem with you is you want everything in life to happen in your time frame, and I'm sorry but this is one of those many things that isn't going to happen that way'.  This is very hard to accept in life.  But the sooner we come to terms with it the better.  We can't 'make' another person want to reconcile, love, forgive, give, take, talk, work, eat, study, and on and on.  I've had to learn to shush down my drive to make something happen, and tolerate the feelings of not getting what I wanted.  The old irish saying, ' honey your wants would fill up a paddock and come up weeds!'.  ...well, you just have to wait precious one.  Every time you try to force, you push the goal farther back.  Wait for the world to turn around in your favor.  And have faith that that time will come.

Ruth, this is one of the most insightful posts that I have read here, I'll keep your advice in mind andwait for the world to turn in my favour.  Thank you.
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

maxine

I also agree with the others. It would be a big mistake just to turn up and you will probably make the whole situation worse. I can sympathise with you as you probably feel you  ought to be doing something and are finding it hard just to stand back, but please dont rush into a confrontation which you will more than likely regret.

good luck and have patience.