March 29, 2024, 03:45:39 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I'm In The Same Boat

Started by baker, August 13, 2011, 04:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baker

Thanks,  its so hard though, we want him to be a part of our family and all that we enjoy.  But like my middle daughter says,  its his decision, he has made these choices not us,... yup.. even this one.. he chose. 

But it is nice to know that I am not alone.. for a long time I thought I was, and the shame of carrying that and trying to figure out what I did wrong was a terrible burden.   I did what I did, and I thought I did the best I knew.    He wasnt abused although there were many times, I did want to... lol..  I am of the mind set that he may have a mental illness too.. which has given me the ability to give him and myself some grace and forgiveness in all of this.