March 28, 2024, 02:04:40 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Yes Virginia, we have a diagnosis!!!!!

Started by Pooh, August 10, 2011, 08:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Finally!  19 months later!  I can not tell you guys how weird of a feeling this is.  Here I am, relieved and grinning from ear to ear because I have a disease!  I have lost my freaking mind!  No actually, I finally feel like I finally HAVEN'T lost my mind!

The verdict is in kiddos.  I went to get my stitches out this morning and my biopsy results were back.  It is Linear Morphea with Deep Morphea.

I'm not a hypocondriac, I'm not loosing my mind, I'm not imagining all these symptoms, I don't have to keep being sent to different doctors for more tests and I can finally take charge, research and learn about my disease!

Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Is that the diagnosis the "Duck Race Doctor" gave you? How wonderful to be back in the land of the "known."  ;D Action follows fact! Healing follows action! Yay!

I have a friend who called me to tell me how thrilled she was to find out she had cancer! I'm serious. She had lost her mom to undiagnosed cancer. They never found it until after her death so they couldn't address it. My friend turned out to have a slow growing lymphoma that is very responsive to specific chemo and she only goes every six months to make sure all is well. Everyone thought she was nuts when she joyfully proclaimed she had cancer. But what she was really celebrating was finding out what she was up against so she could do something about it.

We can't fight a hidden enemy. Now you can move forward and get your life back!  :-*
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

lancaster lady

Thank Goodness !!
No more guessing games ....hope they can help you now Pooh ...healing hugs on their way ..... :-*

pam1

That's great you finally know!  I'm curious if it is the same diagnosis the "duck doctor" gave you?
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

elsieshaye

I'm so glad you have something concrete to work with now!  What a relief. :)
This too shall pass.  All is well.

Pooh

Thanks guys.  Yes, that this the Duck Race diagnosis! Lol.  Bless him.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

What an amazing story. I'm so glad you know now!! Yay!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Pooh

I wish  :D

You made me have to google it! Lol.  It's a Greek word meaning "form" or "structure".  Bah...
Joseph Campbell

Rose799

Now that you have a diagnosis, hopefully, they'll know how to prevent it from flaring.  Wishing you all the best, Pooh...

(((hugs)))

luise.volta

;D ;D ;DI was thinking of the Greek God Morpheus.  ;D ;D ;D

Pooh

Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Pooh

Quote from: Rose799 on August 11, 2011, 06:48:42 AM
Now that you have a diagnosis, hopefully, they'll know how to prevent it from flaring.  Wishing you all the best, Pooh...

(((hugs)))

Thanks Rose!  Unfortunately, there is no definitave reason for flares.  There has been considerable data pointing at stress as a major factor and environmental exposure to chemicals?  That's about all they can say that seems to be a consistant with patients.
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Is there anything they can do to relieve symptoms when it flares up? (Said she, hopefully.)