March 28, 2024, 10:38:40 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Overseas Welfare Check on my friends

Started by Pooh, August 09, 2011, 06:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Forgive me as I am terrible with geography.  I have been watching the riots on TV and I just wanted to make sure none of our WWU friends are too close to it.  I am very sorry if you are and will send good thoughts that you are safe, secure and that this ends soon.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

these no hopers are making a mockery of British Justice !
They are not fighting any cause , they are just thugs who are robbing innocent people .
Please do not think they are typical of any Brits , 'cos they are not .
We are a good honest race of people with higher standards than are being portrayed by these animals !

Rose799

No one thinks that, LL, certainly not I, living in California...  I just hope it's safe where you are. 

lancaster lady

Hasn't reached Scotland yet .....the Scots are a fiery race and wouldn't stand for that nonsense ....lol

Rose799

Quote from: lancaster lady on August 09, 2011, 12:48:02 PM
Hasn't reached Scotland yet .....the Scots are a fiery race and wouldn't stand for that nonsense ....lol

Oopsie!  Sorry, LL, I forgot where you were for a minute.  ;D   Believe you're right about the Scots; I saw Braveheart!   :)

Pooh

Now LL, if I thought that about you I wouldn't be wanting to move in with you!  I'm glad it's not near you and that you are safe!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

you are welcome any time Pooh ! Don't think you'd like the weather though , pretty wet summer here  :(

Pooh

We are having 100 degree days with 110 heat indexes and no rain!  It would be a welcome change!  I will wait to move in with you until after your other tenants have moved out....Lol.  Although I do own a princess tiara and wand to participate in your GD parade!
Joseph Campbell

Ruth

I WOULD like the weather there.  We're dying down here in the heat.  It topped 100 yesterday and Monday also.  I loved England, I went there about 20 years ago when my sister lived there in the Lake District.  I don't have the energy or money to go again but it will live in my memory as the best visit I ever had. 

lancaster lady

I love the Lake District Ruth .......the scenery is likened to Scotland also the weather .
Our hills are a bit higher here .
I was actually born in England , but came back to my roots , my Great Great Grandfather was born in Edinburgh .
We all need to find somewhere not too hot or wet , any ideas ?

Pooh :
Think I'll buy a hotel , to house all my friends and family .... :)

Pooh

LL's Bed and Breakfast...has a nice ring to it..... :P
Joseph Campbell

Pen

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb