March 28, 2024, 05:15:31 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

MIL makes me regret trying

Started by Bride2Be, December 18, 2009, 04:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2chickiebaby

Creme, I think I've been way off base with Isitme...I didn't realize he was abusive.  I know his Mother is a pain in the neck, for sure but I didn't look at it this way. 

I can see what you're saying...

isitme?

no chickie, he's not abusive...it's his mother.  But asking me to put up with it IS abusive on his part in a passive kind of way.  But I think another problem is that he doesn't see it as abuse because he's been emotionally abused like this his whole life and thinks it is the norm. 

I've posted some of my other thoughts on this in response to your comments on another thread.  Thanks so much for the advice and insight.  And for letting me vent too! 

2chickiebaby

I'm glad you are getting counseling.....I really thought his mother was just a pain in the neck.  I didn't realize it was abuse.  If he's been abused his whole life, that is very hard.  I am sad for him.