March 28, 2024, 09:51:17 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Grandson in hospital but I can't take the drama and demands anymore

Started by Stardust, August 03, 2011, 11:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruth

Stardust, I encourage you to do the 'unnatural' thing and just hang in there with the website.  We are all just flesh and blood and sometimes its a hit, and sometimes its a miss, but I do believe that this is a great place to get stronger and to find the truth about our relationships.  Some years ago I was on a site similar to this, for support of military moms, and it helped me a lot until at one point I felt humiliated and hurt by something and I pulled out.  The difference is however, at that time I was still trying so hard to fit in and create my own reality that I wanted so badly, the mother of a brave and strong service man, but I couldn't let anyone know how cruel my son was to me most of the time.  I've come a very long way, and vascillate between being put out with my son for having such a difficult personality and for taking such a severe toll on my life, and hating myself for being the wrong kind of Mom to him.  Neither is healthy.  There's some middle ground there that I'm still seeking to find.  But I need help and support to get there in one piece.  I am trying now not to let 'pulling out when the heat is on' to  be a pattern of my own life, to accept that I have to sift through not only people, but people's opinions and ideas.  And I'm trying to learn not to throw the baby out with the bath water, as I used to do.  I believe you are cared for very tenderly here and I encourage you to keep on soldiering on.  We care.

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

nice post Ruth ......we're here if you need us stardust.
Everyone has their own opinion on all matters of life , whether they are right or wrong .
We have to follow what we in our hearts believe is right for us .
No one walks in our shoes .

luise.volta

I removed you last post Stardust since it directly named another member that you had issues with. You ended up apologizing for your outburst, I know. I also understand that it has worked two ways and she has since apologized, as well...but it has to stop someplace. There are times when the best thing is to put our outbursts on Word and just get it up and out that way without going any further. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

luise.volta

bogeyfan

Pooh,  I've read the forum agreement, so you don't need to remind me.  Thought I'd save you the task.

I've watched this site for awhile now, thoroughly enjoying the posts and comments. 

luise.volta

Welcome - B. I have removed most of your post and am closing this thread because it simply isn't about who is right or wrong or who we agree with or disagree with.

If you would like to post again, please consider telling us a bit about yourself and what's up with you so we can get acquainted.