March 28, 2024, 01:14:06 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Trust issues

Started by mom2, December 13, 2009, 08:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mom2

I seen my DIL this evening and she was as happy go lucky as I have ever seen her !!! She talked ( not directly to me ) but she did and smiled too !! When they left, she bent down and kissed me on the cheek !!!!! ???

My husband, later, said " She must have taken her Prozac today " ;). He also said " That is subject to change "

I just don't trust her or DS. Wonder if I ever will again.

DIL and DS , lately, have acted like they want to be a family again but this is not the first time.
In the past, they have really acted awful to me and when I stay away and don't call them they act as if they know I have been pushed to my limit and they are suddenly sorry... does that make sense to anyone ?? Kind of like a child that might think " I've pushed mom enough, better stop while I'm ahead."

Can anyone give me a little insight as to why they may do this ? I would think they would just stop all this nonsense but this behavior is pattern with them.. ( If I show weakness or let my guard down they will do it again ).  They want to hurt me or make me angry but cannot stand it if I get mad at them.

They treat me very badly and always seem to be sorry when they see that I am standing my ground... Why??

2chickiebaby

This is just my take on it, Mom...they either are very happy for the moment or they think they've "pushed Mom too far".

I'd fall right for it and end up hurt again but I hope you will be cautious and detached with them for a long time.  It pays to be safe.  I hope I'm wrong.

just2baccepted

Maybe they feel bad and realized that they hurt you??  Or maybe your DH is right.  I know that my sister has Bipolar and before she found out she had it she was taking Prozac and it was sooooo much easier to be around her when she was taking that stuff.  I wanted to beg her to stay on it.  So that is a possibility that she's taking something for depression or anxiety.