April 16, 2024, 03:43:20 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Luise

Started by 2chickiebaby, December 02, 2009, 05:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2chickiebaby

My gosh, only one meltdown?  30 seconds?  Luise, you are so strong!!! I don't know how you stay that strong.  Throw some of that strength  my way.  You needed that cry.... :'(

No one cries alone on this board.....we cry together or we don't cry at all!

luise.volta

To My Beloved E-family: Good news! I slept through the night...giant cast and all. Feel less disabled and more simply "restricted" today.  ;D

Val is centered when I am, so that's a good thing. He just offered to make my bed but many of the things I do for him, he doesn't really notice and I continue because I can...(and his energy is very limited.)

We have someone come in an hour a day. She brings us a hot supper from our assisted care dining room, walks the dog after dark, empties the trash, gets the mail and does anything else we need. We do pretty well the other 23 hours of the day. It's amazing to note that we just couldn't do this without that one hour of caregiving. She's also a very "up" person and brings laughter with her each time she comes. (We call her "Mary, The Good Fairy!"

I am missing you all and looking forward to being back when I can. For now, I have the guard my energy carefully and use it sparingly to make this work. My stitches come out on Tuesday. I'm going to see if Kirk can put the X-ray of my ankle after surgery up on our site. I can't believe the size of the screws they put in there!

Blessings, Luise
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

just2baccepted

Luise I am so glad you're doing better.  I guess it just takes time to heal.  About your doggie though.  He's small enough to potty on potty pads.  I know its hard to get them to use potty pads if they're already trained outside, but I just thought I'd throw that idea at you.  I love potty pads for little bitty dogs.  The pee just soaks into the pad and then the poop you can just throw the whole thing away or you can pick the poop up and flush it down the pot.

luise.volta

J2B: Thanks. Tried that and my ancient (14) Chihuahua just bunched it all up and walked away. LOL!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

2chickiebaby

Dear Luise,
I'm so glad you are at least a little better and that Mary is with you to cheer you, even for an hour.  We all need that in our lives, for SURE~!  Some people just bring Sunshine with them when they are around.  To me, they are angels in disguise and that is their gift.  Especially when a person is dealing with all you're dealing with...you need an angel in disguise.

Isn't it strange that sometimes the people with only the skills of emptying the trash can bring such happiness to our lives?  I want to be like that.

Thrilled you are better :)