March 28, 2024, 02:18:32 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Unbelievable from a hate site

Started by 2chickiebaby, December 12, 2009, 05:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2chickiebaby

"She has been warned."

DH and I are trying to wrap up Christmas plans. I told him that, as I will be working on Christmas Eve, I am NOT going ANYWHERE on Christmas Day. If he wants to go a-visiting, he can - but if anyone wants to see me they will have to come to my house.

He also spoke with FMMIL and BIL and told them that we are not exchanging gifts for Christmas. No Gifts Allowed. That means Don't Bring Any Gifts With You___________________________________________________________________

Sorry: I could not help this...I will not do this again....."SHE  HAS BEEN WARNED"  This is a sorry excuse for a person who posted this on the hate site. 

So she better not pull her stunt of bringing gifts and playing dumb about the rule, whining "But Christmas isn't Christmas without giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiifts!" then giving me her smug smirk like she's Miss Oh So Clever Trousers, getting one over on Big Bad Arch.

Because if she does, she will have given me the Get Out of Any Holiday With FMMIL Free card.

2chickiebaby

This was followed by a former member here:  . "RE: She has been warned."
In response to In response to 0

If she starts that whine, answer "Family's not family without respect. Goodbye now."

---
Why yes, I am frequently evil. Thank you for noticing!

"All my life I wanted a magic f*ck-off amulet, and it was an absolute wonder to me when I figured out it was the plain TRUTH."
(our own wonderful Tan)

2chickiebaby

You wouldn't believe the rest of the responses.  How dare these women ruin our lives and brag about it.  I am trying to make sense of cruelty and you can't make sense of cruelty.  These people are gutter rats, not humans.  Here we are crying over them and look at them!

luise.volta

CB - I have no idea why you read such sites. I can't see how focusing on such negativity can the road to anything positive. Please don't bring anything from them over here. Let them do their thing and we'll do our thing. Thanks.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

RedRose

Luise,

I am really surprised by your response to 2chickiebaby. She is the #1  lady on your site in my opinion. She responds to everyone and tries to help that person the best she can. She is never condescending to anyone.  She is always starting new topics.  She has helped me in many ways. She goes to other sites because she is searching for understanding...we can all go to other sites if we please. Topics from other sites cannot be discussed here? Lately I have seen more posts from dil's than mil's.
I hope you are feeling better soon.

cremebrulee

Quote from: luise.volta on December 16, 2009, 08:50:58 AM
CB - I have no idea why you read such sites. I can't see how focusing on such negativity can the road to anything positive. Please don't bring anything from them over here. Let them do their thing and we'll do our thing. Thanks.

Hi Luise
I read those sites over and over again and even participated in them...I didn't know at the time they were hate sites....but...I was so desperate to make some sense of it all, thought If I could get a DIL's perspective, it may help me understand mine better....

I read they're stories about they're MIL's and my heart bled for them...some of them are valid in they're stories...you can tell, they're the ones who are as perplexed as we are and want to make the situation better....the others, call they're MIL's names....one girl, and this went thru me big time....said....her inlaws came and spent several days with them, and that she would never sleep in that bed....and made derogatory remarks like they were filthy people....my God, what hate brings out in people....? 

I even participated when they were tearing me up....they kept insisting that my DIL was right in her actions, or were giving me reasons why she was behaving like she was....in her favor...making up excuses for her, in they're minds... and had never been there or had seen the situation...just popping things out of they're heads....shhhesssh....

Well, none the less, I finally decided it wasn't healthy to stay there...but I can and do understand why Chickie does read those sites....

we're all different, and we all look at things differently...some of us are stronger then others, some are not so strong...

Hope you understand...a little better as to why she does it....I did it to, and still lurk in sites....to try and understand...

Hugs
Creme

luise.volta

There are multiple sites on these issues. It's absolutely none of my business who reads what or who participates where. I'm just asking that it not be re-published, focused on and discussed here. I don't want to share their views and expand their exposure. MILU is about the other side of the coin.

I value each and every one of you and my asking that the contents of the hate sites not be brought here comes from my heart. If I put it too strongly, please cut me some slack if you can. ChickieBaby is 
doing what I can't do at this time...she's holding it all together and her contributions are priceless.

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cocobars

What you listen to, becomes part of how you think, even if you don't agree with what you are hearing (or reading).  It becomes part of you and sticks to your subconscious, coming out in thoughts and dreams.  in some small way.  If you expose yourself to negative thinking people (hence, hate sites), you will slowly become negative, because it will permeate your soul to your very core.  Some religious cults use this practice.  It's called "brainwashing," and is a very real thing.  Love yourselves enough to protect "you" also.  Keep this site positive and moving forward, because we deserve so much more than hate. 

No matter who you are, there will always be someone who doesn't like you, talks about you, gossips about you, maybe is jealous too.  I may be wrong, but I believe most negative people are acting and talking out of fear.  Don't let their fear into your own mind.

Lock the doors ladies...   This buds for us and we deserve the positive caring support this site brings to us through eachother.  Nobody can offer anything better than that for those of us who are honestly searching for answers.  We are working toward the road to understanding and there is just no room for hate here. 

If they want to peak, then so be it.  Cross your eyes and smile!  Just us loonies, having a good time!  Because of most of our ages, we can get away with that!!!

just2baccepted

January 05, 2010, 01:33:07 PM #8 Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 01:36:57 PM by just2baccepted
Quote from: 2chickiebaby on December 12, 2009, 05:55:19 AM
"She has been warned."

DH and I are trying to wrap up Christmas plans. I told him that, as I will be working on Christmas Eve, I am NOT going ANYWHERE on Christmas Day. If he wants to go a-visiting, he can - but if anyone wants to see me they will have to come to my house.

He also spoke with FMMIL and BIL and told them that we are not exchanging gifts for Christmas. No Gifts Allowed. That means Don't Bring Any Gifts With You___________________________________________________________________

Sorry: I could not help this...I will not do this again....."SHE  HAS BEEN WARNED"  This is a sorry excuse for a person who posted this on the hate site. 

So she better not pull her stunt of bringing gifts and playing dumb about the rule, whining "But Christmas isn't Christmas without giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiifts!" then giving me her smug smirk like she's Miss Oh So Clever Trousers, getting one over on Big Bad Arch.

Because if she does, she will have given me the Get Out of Any Holiday With FMMIL Free card.

If this causes you too much emotional pain then I wouldn suggest not looking at it anymore.  Just like this site all posters have every right to rant as much as we want. I think that the people on the other site should feel comfortable to rant about their IL's as well.   I read hurtful things about both MIL's and DIL's on both sites.   Just my opinion.