March 28, 2024, 01:18:15 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

What is prayer and acceptance?

Started by cremebrulee, January 05, 2010, 04:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cremebrulee

I came up with an idea which Greeneyes inspired and might help our situations, all of us....

First let me say, I've been researching many different religions during the course of my life, not because I'm searching for one, but b/c I'm curious...I used to be a Sunday School Teacher and Youth Group Advisor at a Luthern Church, I was baptised, and confirmed reformed...have worshiped Catholic and also have gone to Baptist, Mennonite and reformed Baptists churches...

I hope it ok to write about this????

When you believe in a spiritual entity, and I mean believe, you believe in yourself as well...

What is prayer?  It's talking to a positive entity...and when you discuss problems with your God, you are asking not only for help, but for change, change in the entire situation, which requires, a lot of hard work and patience on our parts...Praying to a positive entity is only a start, the rest of it is up to us...but praying means, we are willing to accept goodness in our hearts...we're hoping for a positive outcome as well as peace....

Acceptance, is accepting the will of God/or karma in a positive way...you've heard the old saying what goes around comes around...well, there are a lot of girls on this site that are trying very hard to get us all together in thinking positive....I believe we are the products of what we all think and believe, and if we think good thoughts, for others, then the same will come back to us...

There is much to be said for the Budda thoughts Budda is the embodiment of great compassion...to develop compassion for all living beings without discrimination and to work for their good, happiness, and peace; and, and the universal law of cause and effect; meaning, it is so important to remember, always, if we can, that what we think, how we feel and talk, is transfered to many other people...we are not on this earth/universe alone, it is not just about us, but about all the people who we come in contact with...we can either have a positive effect or a negative effect on them, and, if we have a negative effect on them, and we cause other's pain, heartache, or hurt them, then unfortunately, we will change they're paths, effect them in a bad way...in other words, we interrupt they're purpose, which is also developing growth in compassion and love, not to mention trust.  And this goes for everyone in our life...you could walk into a coffee shop, sit down and have a very productive conversation with a stranger, that may change that person's view point is a very positive way, for the rest of they're lives...small things do have an impact...

Greeneyes, has been trying very hard to get us all to understand this, and I believe it's a very good exercise we could all stand to adopt.  Not that you should believe in Budda, but, they surely do open up a whole new world of belief that seems to make a lot of sense to me....Remember, God has many names...but is the same entity...

When I go to bed at night, and during the course of the day, when all those things surface in my tiny mind, about what my DIL has done to our relationship, I pray for her...I tell her over and over..."I love you"....and try and project postive thoughts...negative brings negative, I believe...and it certainly wouldn't hurt to try it....

Prayer is talking to God, and meditation is listening...mediation can be a great tool in overcoming many negative thoughts and heartache...it isn't easy at first, b/c we have to actually recondition ourselves to not only do it, but believe it...and if you believe, then you not only believe in God, but yourself as well....

I believe throughout all these problems we are dealing with, it's also a good practice, to get interested in a hobby...Find something you've always wanted to do and DO IT!  Pamper yourself and be who you've always wanted to be.  Maybe it's painting, maybe it's tennis lessons, perhaps a writing class or book club....but get out there and continue your life...accomplish, b/c from putting yourself forward, you can only succeed.

I hope this has helped...and Greeneyes, thanks so much for your endeavors to help us all....

I dunno, if this made any sense, just something I thought of this morning???? 

Hugs
Creme

cocobars

I wholeheartedly agree with you creme and have shared the same viewpoints for some time now.  I'm not perfect, but most likely one of the more imperfect "human beings" out here.  I'm so happy you put this into such beautiful words.  I don't think I would have been able to do that.

Just makes me appreciate you and the wonderful people here on this site even more...