March 28, 2024, 08:06:49 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

The Self

Started by luise.volta, July 24, 2011, 01:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

I was deeply touched by this. The I, under the I, under the I...was honored.

Sending love...

http://www.ted.com/talks/thandie_newton_embracing_otherness_embracing_myself.html
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

o.b.sikhquus

Luise, you do find 'em!  You are great at that!!! 

But this actress struck me as just that - an actress delivering her lines.  I couldn't follow her logic.  But don't you just love those shoes!

luise.volta

I was so into her message I didn't get past that.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

o.b.sikhquus

Quote from: luise.volta on July 24, 2011, 07:54:14 PM
I was so into her message I didn't get past that.

This morning I was so into a pbs documentary from Tibet, about the universal concept of motherhood, about peace and the loving and giving and sharing that all mothers do. 

http://womenoftibet.org/the-great-mother

Smilesback@u

Oh my, oh my, I have my first go at The Self -- thank you Luise!  It sure seems that she is speaking right to me today.  My heavy Self, the feels disconnection from my Dad from my sons from my GK -- the shame I carry from when I was little that My Self was not good enough.  How very timely!  I loved the Note to Self:  Live in Oneness.  (I like the wonders of Internet because I am able to connect with you and others).  Love ya, thanks...hugs.