March 28, 2024, 12:18:33 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Granddaughter had a bad day

Started by Nana, July 01, 2011, 01:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nana

I was waiting for dil to come bring my gc because I had been asked to babysit.  When they arrived, my granddaughter (only 3) was crying.  She had just fallen in her other gmom's house and had fracture 2 teeth.  She had her lips swollen as well.  Her eyes were really red because of the crying.  I felt I wanted to cry too.  I was so sad.....  She wanted to stay with me but she would cry for almost anything.   I wished I had been the one who had fallen down..... At the end of the day....her mom came to pick them up and gd looked terrible.   I am very silly I know, but I feel depressed.....  Tomorrow (Friday) is the official day that I babysit....so they will be coming back very early.   

Hope tomorrow will be a better day.   just venting sorry.
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Pooh

Pooh Nana.  It really stinks to see little ones hurt, but they bounce back so quickly!  You're such a good Nana and you will love and comfort her today.  She will be OK.  I knocked out my two front teeth when I was two (well, my brother helped!) and my Mom said they bled and bled and it scared her to death!  I got two little false teeth so the other teeth would grow in straight.  In my pictures, I look like a beaver.  But I have straight teeth now!

You just give her big ole' hugs and popsicles to ease the pain and swelling!  Muah Nana.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

You're not silly...you care! Big difference! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Ruth

that brought back such a vivid memory.  I remembered my little sister, then aged about 5, falling down the concrete steps at home and breaking out her two front teeth.  that was the one who also had the leukemia and was miraculously healed.  she's over 50 and still has one mishap after another but the happiest one of any of us.   my heart bleeds also these days it seems over the most 'trivial' of injuries and hurts for others, the other day I saw a possum flopping on the highway in its poor death throes and I wanted to weep.  these is one of the (few) advantages of getting older, the heart becomes so acutely tender.  Its an advantage for the rest of the world but a world of pain for the sufferer.  today all yesterday's boo boos will be forgotten Luise.

pam1

Hey Nana, how did your day go with gc? 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Nana

Thanks Pam1 for asking.  Also thank you Luise, Pooh and Ruth for your comments. 

So next day was Friday and they brought the kids again to my official babysit day.  My gd was all smiling but broke my heart because now she had her nose swollen as well.  She asked me about the surprise gift I was getting for her because she had hurt herself.  So now, my gs (her 5-year old son) said...."Nana I should also get a gift because I hurt myself also when I was in baseball practice" lol.  So I gave her mommy money to take them both to the Toy store.   I was relieved to know that they took my gd to the dentist and she didnt have anything serious.    So it was a pretty good day.....after the rain, the sun will always come out. 

Love you all

Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Scoop

Another thing to remind yourself .... you'll remember this incident MUCH longer than they will!

I'm glad everything turned out okay.

Nana

Thanks Pooh.

Yes Scroop....I agree I will remember this incident much longer than they will.  I wish they could remember more so that they would always remember how much Nana loved them. 

Love
Shakespeare

pam1

Good to hear everything turned out well!  That gs is a smart cookie lol.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Nana

Thanks Pam...  Yes, gs is a very smart cookie.... he did not want to be empty handed.

Love
Shakespeare

Rose799

I hardly knew my gm, Nana, but I'd like to think she was much like you.  What lucky gk's yours are for having you!

Nana

Oh Rose (my real name is Rose) thanks very much for the compliment.  You made my day.  You are so sweet.  Sometimes I think I am a better grandma than mother because I have the patience now that I lack before. 

Love you
Shakespeare

lancaster lady

hi Nana (Rose)
I feel that too , more patience more time .
It;s indescribable the feeling you have for your grandchildren .My GD 's latest love is bubbles ,
her eyes light up with amazement , such simple things .

Rose799

Quote from: Nana on July 05, 2011, 02:22:00 PM
Oh Rose (my real name is Rose) thanks very much for the compliment.  You made my day.  You are so sweet.  Sometimes I think I am a better grandma than mother because I have the patience now that I lack before. 

Awe, another Rose & you're the real deal!!... :) 

@->-->-->     @->-->-->     @->-->-->     @->-->-->