March 28, 2024, 02:44:16 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Luise

Started by 2chickiebaby, December 02, 2009, 05:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2chickiebaby

Dear Luise,
I hope you're feeling better and better and that Val is doing as well as he can. Sending much love your way.

I wanted to point out that I told you that I thought that this would be a good site to have and that lots of people would be interested in it and that it would help a lot of people.....

Was I right or was I right? 

Double WOWZA!!!

luise.volta

Hey, CB: Yes, you sure had your ear to the ground on that one! Bless your heart! ;D

I've been getting worse instead of better. I'm having surgery tomorrow under a general anesthetic.  They will re-break my ankle...(it happened on 11-20)...and realign the bones at the break. There is a 3/8th " difference above and below and they will install two screws. If I don't do it immediately, I will be crippled from now on.

Just fund out yesterday and have so much to try to arrange for both of us. It's day surgery because I am very healthy and not high risk but coming home immediately presents problems as well as solutions.

Asking for more prayers and good Ju-ju from one and all.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

2chickiebaby

Oh Luise,
I'm so sad to hear this!  I had hoped for better news.  You will have prayers coming your way....I do hope Val is doing okay too. 

You must get up and running again soon.  We sure miss you.  If I could be there, as I've told you, I would help. We will check on you tomorrow. :)

AnnieB

Luise!!!!!  OUCH!!! but so good you are getting this done now.  Will be thinking of you and sending prayers... Be well soon!!!!  Huggggssss!!!!!!  :)

2chickiebaby

Luise,
We need to hear from you...I'm sure you've had your surgery. Please check in and let us know how you are.  We're praying.   :)
Quote from: 2chickiebaby on December 03, 2009, 04:19:52 AM
Oh Luise,
I'm so sad to hear this!  I had hoped for better news.  You will have prayers coming your way....I do hope Val is doing okay too. 

You must get up and running again soon.  We sure miss you.  If I could be there, as I've told you, I would help. We will check on you tomorrow. :)

2chickiebaby

and be sure to give Val our love too. :)

luise.volta

Thanks for all the love and prayers!

Surgery on Friday left me with two three inch screws in my ankle but I am doing well.

2chickiebaby

How is Val, Luise?  I am almost afraid to ask.   Is he doing okay for now?  The screws in your ankle is terrible news but good to know you're feeling better. 

Thinking of you...

luise.volta

Val got pretty confused when I was gone but is making a comeback. I didn't dare put him into nursing here on a temporary basis for fear he wouldn't be able to recover. 

We have help with meals, mail, trash, dog, etc. once a day and are managing.  We're taking turns regarding who is caretaker. I'm serious!  ;D

2chickiebaby

Wow...that is probably good, though that he has to help you.  Have you thought about that in that way?  I wonder if having to do things is a good thing for him? 

The Dementia must be a terrible thing!  I have a friend whose MIL had it and insisted that she was having an affair with her husband (her FIL)  Uh, no... ;D

The worst part was that the poor thing's daughter had died some time back and everytime my friend would go over there, her MIL would ask: "where is (her daughter?)"

"Don't you remember, Marge, she died about 10 years ago?"  This would make her MIL go to pieces each time.  She cried and cried just like it had happened at that moment.  So sad!

I do hope that things start looking up for you and Val.  I'm thinking and praying for you both.  :)

luise.volta

I'm sure Val being needed and useful at age 98 is a very positive thing in his life. He does the dishes, makes his bed, gets ice for under my knee, etc., etc. We're coping!  :-) When I ask for something, he has forgotten what it is before he leaves the room but we both just laugh and carry on.

2chickiebaby

Luise, I love a man with dishpan hands  ;D  (sorry, couldn't help it)

mom2

Luise,

I bet that is very challenging for both of you ! There is nothing worse than the caregiver being sick :(
God Bless you both and get well soon.

just2baccepted

Bless your heart Luise.  You really love your DH  I can tell.  He is so blessed to have you.  I pray that your ankle heals well and I'm also glad you have help. 

luise.volta

Had a meltdown last night and cried for probably 30 seconds. It was my first day up in the wheelchair and taking over as much as possible, so I suppose it was pretty normal. Was only down one day after surgery on Friday. Hoping today will be better. :)

You are welcome Anna, stay in touch. And to everyone who is sending prayers and love, know that it is making a huge difference! What a great extended family we have! ;D