March 28, 2024, 05:41:48 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

What goes around !

Started by lancaster lady, June 29, 2011, 01:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancaster lady

well its been a week , and I must say it's going better than I thought .
enjoying my GD very much , but she thinks I am her personal entertainer and supposed to perform 24/7 !
there are lots of things I don't agree with , but you would be proud of me Scoop !
I am exhausted by it all and must learn to take time out for myself ,but so far so good .

amflautist

Well I think you're a saint, and if I were living nearby I would volunteer to ease your exhaustion with massage, nice cups of tea, a peaceful retreat, etc.

Mom b Gone

I just read all the posts LL.  I know it won't be easy doing this and you are a sweetheart. But also I know seeing your GD is worth it all right now.  I didn't get to see much of minebut when I did I loved every second of it andso did she.  I did need lots of rest after!
Not sure why any one wants a wedding when they are short on cash but I see it everyday with others and even my own when she married. Her father told her you can have a check, you can either use it on your wedding or a down payment on the house you both want.  She had the wedding..
Well I hope it works out and that your DIL helpsyou cook some, that would be helpful.  And leaving to getyour space is something both famlies should do cause it does get tight at times. I am hoping like everyone else you all do ok with this. (fingers crossed)

lancaster lady

Amflautist.....What time do you want me?..... ;D

amflautist

Quote from: lancaster lady on July 18, 2011, 01:09:05 AM
Amflautist.....What time do you want me?..... ;D

Oh, what I would give to live in merry-ole'-England right now! 

lancaster lady

thankyou mom B.....early days .
I have had to bite my tongue a few times , and I see them getting ratty with each other .
how stressed must they be ...living with inlaws ...getting married next month ....no money ....!!
Can it get any worse ?
So I do my best and help with the wee one .I'll encourage them to have a night out soon , even an evening
stroll can be bliss , who needs money when you're in love ...... :P

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

I really hate to see money cause issues in marriages and other relationships, but it is the major cause of divorce and probably a major cause of other breakups as well. It's hard to not fall into the trap of feeling judged by how much/little money you have. Yet it's true, the best things in life really don't cost much...good books, music, family & friends, nature, art, creativity, laughter, lively discussions...at least I think those are the best. Nice things are nice, but they're just things. It's the feeling we get when others give us more respect or attention because of our things that is so seductive, IMO. I'll admit to it, I understand that feeling well!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

Glad to hear so far so good!  Woot Woot!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

myree

ouch i think this may become a disaster for you , it could make the relationship worse ....be careful you may end up never talking after this , i have been there.

RedRose

I know myree I have been there too..but, I am hoping things go well for lancaster lady.
I think she realizes what can happen and seems to have a lot of patience..I hope her dil knows she has one of  the warmest, gracious mil around.

lancaster lady

Awww thank you so much,that means a lot.to me Rose ........we are now two weeks in ......hhhmmmmm....   ! All I can say is we did things differently in my day .lol .....I hope this closeness we have continues after they move out ......haha if they move out .My GD is the Apple of my eye and I hope we remain close forever.

luise.volta

lancaster lady

I know Luise ,think I'm making it too comfortable ....perhaps after the wedding . I am ok with it at the moment ,they have had  a  few nights away so I could recover . :)

luise.volta

We are all a litle overprotective, I know. Sending love...