April 16, 2024, 03:43:11 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

What goes around !

Started by lancaster lady, June 29, 2011, 01:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Bless your heart, I'm going to try to win a schooner for you to race! 

I can appreciate the fact that you want to help them and also that you are trying to a certain extent to stay out of their issues.  I do think with what you know about DS and what he is doing with money that he will do whatever he can.  I just hope FDIL isn't continuing to run up debts and is also doing her part to help them get out of debt.

You're a jewel and I hope they realize how lucky they are to have you.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

oldladyinhat

luise.volta

They may redefine the monies saved as going against the "wedding debts ", thinking that will fly.

Lesson #1 out in the real world...."Don't do it If You Can't afford It."
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

lancaster lady

Hello Ladies .....

As I sit here with my 24 hour heart monitor in position , I am waiting for the first onslaught of the family's arrival !
this is the weekend they move in , how do I feel ?
Not sure really , if I was fit and healthy , maybe not a problem .Well I hope it won't be a problem , and I hope
I can cope with house guests for more than three days !
If they are content and happy with what's on offer , that's fine .Any complaints , I will have to let fly over my head .
Absolutely no stress whatsoever I've been told .
Me and my grandbaby will just have to sing and play to our hearts content and forget the rest ! ...If only .... :-\
Watch this space ....will deliver more episodes ....oh and maybe will hide this laptop ....just in case ...!

amflautist

Hello LL, 

I too sometimes wear a heart monitor, and I also must reduce stress at all times.  I am rooting for your success at avoiding irritations.  As for hiding your laptop, reminds me of that ad on TV - where the baby in a crib tries to hide his stock market laptop from the grownups. 

Peace.  Sing away and keep us informed.

Pen

LL, thinking of you. I hope all goes well! I have my browser settings set to automatically erase my history when I exit the internet...JIC, you never know when someone will want to borrow the computer.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

lancaster lady

Thankyou Am for your good wishes ......
My GD is 16 months and can operate her Daddy's ipad .....she has her own page of icons from which she
chooses her programme ....so maybe she can teach me a thing or two !

As far as the monitor is concerned ....we are hoping for a breakthrough , but knowing my luck nothing
will happen whilst I'm wearing it .... ::)

Hey Pen , how do I do that , maybe a good idea ..

luise.volta

Pen

Quote from: lancaster lady on July 07, 2011, 08:57:35 AM
Hey Pen , how do I do that , maybe a good idea ..

LL, it's under Internet Options if you are using a PC. To find Internet Options, click on your Tools tab, then Internet Options, then go down to Browsing History. There's a box you can click that says "Delete Browsing History On Exit." Make sure you check it, and then click Apply and OK to set it.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Nana

Dear LL

You'll do ok.  Dont worry..... Wish you the best of luck...keep us posted.

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Keys Girl

LL,

I would keep my expectations low for this.

I hope you have Plan B handy, just in case this new set of circumstances gets to be overwhelming.

Good luck,
Keys Girls
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

luise.volta

I am with you, even though I could never take on such an assignment. Yes, please have a backup plan. Even when everyone in such circumstance starts out in great shape in relating to each other, the dynamics can sink the ship. And you are starting out with one strike against you already. Your health and well being come first. Sending love...

lancaster lady

I appreciate your comments , however they do not have a back up plan ....I am their backup !! lol
I do work six days a week , so will not be in the house constantly .
They will have a whole floor to themselves ...with sea views ! lol.
My son works a five day week too , so my F/DIL will have the place to herself .
I know I will need a quiet corner to hideaway sometimes , but I'm not going to create problems
where there aren't any .
Also they will have weekends away to her FOO .
This is only a temporary measure for about 3 months , hopefully I can manage that .
Also there is my GD ..... :) :)....who only wants me when we are together , like I am her
private property , she clings on like a baby monkey ...lol
I live 50 yds from the beach , so I'm sure it's not a bad place to be ....I can think of worse places .
If they don't like what's on offer , they will have to think again .

Thankyou for the warnings though , I have no expectations , just to get through in one piece , and hopefully
have some fun on the way .

luise.volta

We are talking your backup plan, not theirs. Like a place to go or to send them if need be...like that. Of course you aren't going to plan on issues but you already have them. We just love you!  :D

lancaster lady

AWWW thanks Luise .....no real back up plans , so we have to make this work .They know I'm their last resort
so they'll want to make it work too ...I hope !  :D