March 28, 2024, 02:35:39 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Kirk's Birthday

Started by luise.volta, July 12, 2011, 04:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Today is Kirk's 56th birthday and he just posted this on Facebook:

Kirk VandenBerghe
My amazing mom, Luise Volta, just blew my mind with the gift of an iPad 2. Top of the line 64GB 3G (Verizon) with black leather case. When I winced about the extravagant cost, she informed me that it's my Christmas and birthday present for the rest of her life! :-)

(And I was serious! LOL!)

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

o.b.sikhquus

That picture of you and Kirk is one of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen.  Happy Birthday to Kirk, and blessings to both of you.

Nana

Well say Happy Birthday from me to Kirk, your sweet loving son.   Wishing him and his family the best....

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

luise.volta

Thanks. It was taken about 4 years ago when I was 80. :-)

Pen

Aw, he's still a pup. Just a mere young'un  :D

Happy birthday, Kirk!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

pam1

LOL about the gift, Luise!  Cute

Tell Kirk Happy Birthday!

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

Thanks, Pam. I had already gotten him a card and put a $100. check in it. I do that every Christmas and every birthday because I don't know what else to do. It felt so flat. So I thought, why don't I just add up what I would send twice a year for the next five years and get him something that would make his heart sing?  ;D

Rose799

Quote from: luise.volta on July 12, 2011, 07:22:54 PM
So I thought, why don't I just add up what I would send twice a year for the next five years and get him something that would make his heart sing?  ;D

Sounds as though you accomplished that goal, Luise!  What a sweet mom you are...  Happy birthday, Kirk!!!   ;D

luise.volta

I had to find some way to rationalize it.  ;D ;D ;D Kirk says he's holding me to it and I can't spend a dime on him until 2017. I will be 89 years old!! LOL!

(We shall see. More LOLs))

Rose799

I get the feeling you're not going to win this battle, Kirk...   ;D

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12e19_happy-birthday_creation

luise.volta

lancaster lady

Many Happy Returns Kirk .......as they say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree !!
You two fit that bill 100% ...... :)

Pooh

Awwww....Happy Birthday Kirk!  What a nice gift Luise.  I bet although shocked, he was tickled to death!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Yeah...he was sure tickled!  ;D

elsieshaye

Happy Birthday, Kirk!  Thanks for all you do to make this forum run smoothly!
This too shall pass.  All is well.