March 28, 2024, 05:20:20 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Dogs, Puppies, Cats and Kittens - no IL problems there

Started by Keys Girl, June 28, 2011, 02:27:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keys Girl

I recently spent some time at an event where there were about 100 dogs and puppies.  Everyone was very friendly and I was free to pat the dogs, hold the puppies and I could feel my heart heal when these dogs were so happy to have me met them.  I got to talking to one of the people and she told me that she volunteered at the Humane Society one day a week where she walks the dogs, etc.  She told me she loved to see them get adopted but did miss them very much.

It struck me that so many of us on the site could do with a little unconditional love from a pet.  I've been getting a bit of part time work so I haven't been able to organize this for myself, but I recommend it highly.  The dogs loved being petted by me and it was an incredible comfort to have all of these animals happy to spend time with me.

Better yet, get a dog or a puppy, "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face".  ~Ben Williams
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

Pooh

I agree.  They love unconditionally and don't have email!   ;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

June 28, 2011, 11:25:26 AM #2 Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 09:33:36 PM by luise.volta
Here again is 21 month-old Rosa, adopted from the local shelter on April 20, 2011...the love of my life:

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

pam1

Oh, Keys Girl, what a fabulous idea!  I agree, there isn't anything much better in my books than cuddling up and playing with my pups.  Any bad day is totally erased the moment I see them and take a seat on the floor to play!
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift