March 28, 2024, 03:05:50 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Hey ladies! I haven't fallen off the face of the planet!!!!

Started by brandynd, June 28, 2011, 11:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brandynd

It's been a while since I've posted!  I swear I didn't disappear or anything, I've just been silently lurking and seeing what's going on in the lives of everyone else.  Life has been busy for this girl, so much so that I didn't really know where to begin!
Still no baby for the DH and I, but I know it'll happen when it's supposed to.  As of Thursday I will FINALLY be done with my formal education (wooohoooo!!!!!), and I've just been job hunting.  Hopefully the right offer will fall into my lap, but I'm trying not to stress too much about it.  I'm not going to worry myself into an early grave over a job.  It just seems there are so many more important things in life than what you do for a living...
Anyways, I have been keeping up with everyone, and I'm sorry that I didn't post to answer any of you, but there are so many new people that I didn't want my brand of sarcastic humor to come across as rudeness and risk offending anyone! 
I'm not sure where I should put this, so I'm just going to throw it in the grab bag.  I just wanted to catch up with everyone, and see how everybody is doing!  I've missed talking to all of you, especially Pen and Pooh, two of my very favorite ladies!
Anyways, I better get going....I have to finish this thesis paper; unfortunately it doesn't seem to want to write and proofread itself.  I'll post more a little later this evening or tomorrow morning.  It's good to be back!

pam1

Glad to see you back!  Congrats on graduation and I hope job hunting goes smoothly :) 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pooh

Oh Yay!  Congrats on finishing school!  Woo hoo...that has to feel wonderful!  Don't stress at all, I'm sure the right thing will come along for you when you least expect it. 

Good luck on the final thesis, takes breaks and reward yourself with a big piece of chocolate when you're done!  Glad to hear from you!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Wonderful! Congratulations! Great to hear from you! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Nana

Congratulations.  Good you havent fallen off the face of the planet lol.  Good to hear from you and that you are doing good and with positive vibes. 

Hope you keep on posting.  Long time no seen lol

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Pen

So good to hear from you! Congratulations on your accomplishments, and best wishes on the job hunt. Things will happen as they should, I'm sure, since you've got a great, positive attitude (occasional sarcastic lapses notwithstanding, LOL.) Welcome back!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

It's Saturday....school's behind you....It's Saturday....school's behind you....It's Saturday....school's behind you....It's Saturday....school's behind you....It's Saturday....school's behind you....It's Saturday....school's behind you....It's Saturday....school's behind you....It's Saturday....school's behind you....It's Saturday....school's behind you....It's Saturday....school's behind you....It's Saturday....school's behind you....It's Saturday....school's behind you....It's Saturday....school's behind you.... (insert Snoopy dance here).
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

cadagi101

I hoped on today to say, I haven't"" fallen of the face of the earth""  so ditto to the original poster.     I am enjoying reading the posts, and replies, am very impressed with the calibre of the posters  and moderators.  You girls are doing a fantastic job keeping things running smoothly (at least for us looking on).  I hope behind the scenes everything is going just as smoothly. 

Bye now..

Pen

Hey Julia, glad to hear it! Thanks for the props, so far so good.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Thanks Julia. We do have a great cyber-family, don't we? How's the "cottage industry" going? Sending love...

cadagi101

Quote from: luise.volta on July 03, 2011, 09:45:53 PM
Thanks Julia. We do have a great cyber-family, don't we? How's the "cottage industry" going? Sending love...

Having a lot of fun getting organised....will let you know the minute my website is up and running.     Oh and I am calling it Outback essence,   a small gift will go to the girls who offered names and ideas....  will keep in touch

Nana

Good Julia....success in on your way....let us know how it goes.

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare