March 28, 2024, 06:12:00 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Ok, dils and mils, unite! And wise ahas from 2 dils to remember!

Started by justanoldgrandma, June 22, 2011, 09:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

themuffin

Quote from: Scoop on June 28, 2011, 11:32:19 AM
Oh Muffin!  My MIL used to say that one a lot to my DH - "I hope you end up having kids just like YOU were!"  My answer was always "Oh yeah?  Then what did *you* do to deserve DH?"  Sadly, my MIL doesn't have a sense of humour and took affront to it.

But Muffin, if you hear that one again, turn it around on them and see what kind of response you get!

LOL Scoop!!! Too bad your MIL doesn't have a sense of humor because your reply certainly made me laugh out loud!!! ;D LOL, I can just picture it!

Pam, you crack me up!!!!  You sound like you were one hilarious kid!  Ummm....In the words of Scoop, I wonder what your parents were like!!!  No doubt, they were smart, funny, crafty kids who could make lemon aid when given lemons!!! Just like you!!!  You ladies have made my day! ;D

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Pooh

Welcome Im an mil and dil.  Me too, and a DD, and a Exwife, and a DW, and a SM, and a MeMe!  We have bunches of titles don't we? Glad that you are on the right road but man do we take some dead ends trying to get there.

That's priceless Scoop.  I'm not saying anything as it's my Mother that always reminds me that we pay for our raisings.  I just grin at her and tell her I come by it honestly.

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Welcome - I'mA - Glad you have come forward.  :D Every once in a while a long-time "reader" posts about how much help WWU has bought to her. Healing through lurking.  ;D ;D ;D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

pam1

Oh TheMuffin, I just need help.  The Child....I don't even know where to start about The Child.  She's out of school for the summer and my hair is falling out.  If this karma thing is true, hopefully after puberty things will slow down.  I was more of a handful as a younger child, as a teenager I was surprisingly driven lol.  Driven to get the heck out of my parents house!  Ai yi yi, just keeping holding on to the hope of a "few more years and I'll be laughing about it all" like everyone likes to say to me.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

justanoldgrandma

I'm so glad we raised our kids when we did.  We didn't have much money so they weren't spoiled materialistically and we lived in the country so they couldn't get into much trouble.  They played outside all the time and it was just so much easier than raising kids today.  Of course they were onery at times but it paid to ignore their tantrums (when small) and there were no toys in their bedroom so time out there was maybe w a book.....

I notice w little gs time out on a step works well (only 4) and also saying "counting to 3" works.......
But the ones in puberty and teenagers, esp. w all the stuff there is today that we didn't have to contend with..... wow.... I feel for young parents today!

I know I sound like, back in the good ole days!  But looking back, glad it was then, not now!  But of course, my parents felt the same way about raising me "back in the day!"

I know everyone enjoys the good times of raising the kids and just struggles through the rough times..... they do grow up so fast....