March 28, 2024, 04:54:44 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Anniversary of My Son's Death

Started by luise.volta, June 20, 2011, 07:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

The 20Th of June is a hard day for me. My eldest son died eleven years ago...6-20-2000. I have been able to move on but I have never "gotten over it." I honestly don't think anyone who has lost a child fully recovers. He would have been 63 this October. I know there's nothing anyone can say or do, I just wanted to share where I am and how I feel.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Rose799

I'm so very sorry, Luise.  Any time you feel up for talking, we're here for you - always,

(((((hugs)))))   

luise.volta

Thank you. I just felt I wanted to acknowledge what's going on with me.

Rose799

I'm glad you shared, Luise.  You've gone through a lot; more than one person should have to.  He understands you now, all you've wanted to convey over the years.  I have no doubt you were an excellent mother to both your boys, Luise.  Lord knows you've been a darn good surregate   

Rose799

I wasn't finished...  I was looking up how to spell surrogate & hit the post button by accident.  I was saying, you've made a darn good surrogate mother for us! 

Pen

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Nana

Oh Luise... it must be a sad day indeed.  But you are here with us giving us strength, love, compassion, advice.   Only to tell you that I Love you.

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

cadagi101

Pooh

Thinking of you and sending huge {{{HUGS}}}.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Thanks everyone. All of the above is why I posted, I suppose. When we feel alone and reach out it can be so reassuring.

Today, is the first day of summer and is symbolic of the fullness of life. Every year that cheers me up.  :)

FAFE

elsieshaye

This too shall pass.  All is well.

jill

Hi Luise,
Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you at this sad time, and thank you so much for all you do.............Jill

Sassy

I am very sorry for your loss.  You are a wonderful woman.  One of the ways you've handled the loss, by directing energies to helping others with challenges with their families, is something I deeply admire about you. 

pam1

I agree with Sassy.  You're in my thoughts Luise.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift