April 19, 2024, 02:15:07 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Hello all, I'm new to your board but sadly not new too heartbreak..

Started by Windyday, June 17, 2011, 12:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windyday

I have read many posts from fellow heart broken mothers and I'm melancholy to see other women
Are treated just as badly as myself. I'm not sure where to begin with my heartbreaks and life, but I give thanks to those who have found the courage too speak out and share.

Thank you.

FAFE

Welcome hunny.  Share when you feel like it.  There are no problems that these wise women cannot help you with. 

pam1

Welcome Windyday :)

If you haven't already done so, please read the Modified Forum Agreement under the category Open Me First.  We ask all new members to do so not b/c there is anything wrong with your post.

I agree with FAFE, we have a lot of posters with differing issues that will help out.  Take your time but we're here when you're ready.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pooh

Welcome Windyday.  I'm glad you found your way here but sorry that you had to.  It's perfectly ok that you are not ready to share.  Even though it is sad, I found it very comforting to know that I wasn't alone and that there was people that would understand.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Welcome, W. We are a dedicated group and you can come aboard and share any time you are ready. We can't fix others or situations but we can help each other heal and start over. There is life beyond parenting and grandparenting. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Ruth

Every time I write a post I am nearly sick to my stomach, I welcome you to try and get some of the pain off your chest.  Its hard to do that.  I feel ashamed to write, and I also feel my family may find them and who knows how bad it could get.  But I keep trying to go forward because I've never had anywhere else to go with this issue where I didn't walk away feeling misunderstood, unheard, judged and/or disbelieved.  There's hope for a better life even living with this issue, and we have to really fight for it some of us.  I think our nature/personality has a lot to do with how quickly and thoroughly we work through it and come to terms of acceptance of our ds/dd rejecting us. 

luise.volta

Bless your heart, R. Don't forget that you can post and after we respond you can ask your Moderator to remove or edit the post. It doesn't have to stay on the Board. Sending love...

Rose799

Starting out, I felt the same way.  Back in the day (last Nov.), there was an edit feature so we could edit our own posts.  I made good use of it.  :)   We all share the same pain & feelings of loss, we've all made mistakes, we've all been kicked when we're down...there isn't anything you can't say here.  For me, it was a purging, of sorts.  It allowed me to wipe the slate clean & start anew.  I promise, you'll find lots of support here.  Welcome to WWU, Ruth...

luise.volta

I know a lot of features that we started out with have had to be removed for security reasons. Not all of our members have been sincere and ethical. It's sad but those are the odds, I suppose. Kirk removed more over the weekend but they don't affect most of us; just clever saboteurs. Sending love...

Rose799

Quote from: luise.volta on June 20, 2011, 11:22:06 AM
I know a lot of features that we started out with have had to be removed for security reasons. Not all of our members have been sincere and ethical. It's sad but those are the odds, I suppose. Kirk removed more over the weekend but they don't affect most of us; just clever saboteurs. Sending love...

It's no problem, Luise; nothing a good moderator can't solve...   :)

jill

Welcome Ruth, I know how you feel, I felt the same when I first started posting.  So long as you are not using your real name and don't mention the names of your family members, all will be well....Jill

dvg

Welcome Windyday.  Glad you found this site, but sorry you had to.  I wish none of us had to go through this heartbreak, but it is comforting to know that I am not the only one.  Surrounded by all the images of happy families, it is healing to know that I'm not the only one for whom family is the greatest source of anguish in my life.

We did our best, and that is all any child can ask. 

As others have said, there is life outside of family.  We give so much of ourselves to them that sometimes it feels there's nothing left when they break our hearts, but there is.

Ruth

dvg I don't know how it could have been expressed any better.   some days indeed it feels like there's nothing left.   there's no option of throwing in the towel or giving up because there's no where else to go, you have to learn to tolerate the painful feelings of such a profound loss as we have.  I wish I could do it well more often than I do.  I'm doing my best but what a battle it is.  I read one post which suggested another support site for those whose children have personality disorder, but I don't have the strength to do this anywhere else, it takes all I have to come here and write anything.  I've never felt there's any clear line anywhere between a really difficult, callous child and one that has what they call personality disorder.  Either way, rejection is a sword through the heart from your own flesh and blood. 

Star

Dear Windyday,

Welcome to you, I am new as well, I have been on this site for 24 hours and had a lovely welcome from everyone and many messages of support,love,understanding and advice. There is no rush, you take your time, we are all here because of problems with children,grandchildren, inlaws etc.

Sending you big hugs. :) :)

Rose799

You've received some good advice already, so I'll just say welcome, Star & Windyday.  I'm glad you're here...