March 28, 2024, 07:01:02 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Clarification on Forum Rules

Started by pam1, June 02, 2011, 06:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SassyDI

I am so lost and confused right now lol.

pam1

So OW, I trust you enough to decide on your own terms.  I will not violate any parties privacy in this episode but my stance leaves it entirely clear what I think.

Agree with me or not, I stand by my opinions and my loyalties remain with WWU. 

No one person or thing is ever perfect.  People are profoundly and deeply, deeply flawed.  IMO and the way I view things there isn't a side here to take, I stand with WWU. 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

overwhelmed123

Well IMO, I just think that's sad, and I did think you were different.  I wonder what happened to you.

SassyDI, you will find out in time I'm sure.  Some people here are not what they seem.  And don't email any mod to complain about another poster, because your email will just be forwarded to the poster you speak about, whether you want it to be or not.

pam1

OW, all I can tell you is that it is simply not true.  All you have is my word. I will not violate others privacy and it is their choice whether to speak about it or not, it is simply not my place.

I have no knowledge of any mod or myself forwarding complaints/emails. 

SassyDI

Not looking to start drama just confused why everyone just up and started writing they were leaving.

overwhelmed123

Sassy- Because there has been some very poor judgment and treatment by people who everyone trusted.

Pam- Then it sounds to me like you don't know the whole story, sorry to say.

SassyDI

Quote from: overwhelmed123 on June 02, 2011, 07:35:04 AM
Sassy- Because there has been some very poor judgment and treatment by people who everyone trusted.

Pam- Then it sounds to me like you don't know the whole story, sorry to say.

OK must be written off the site.  Sad to see everyone go.

Pooh

OW that is so not fair to say that about all of us.  I'm very sorry you feel that way.  I have never forwarded an email from a poster.

I am truly sorry that all of this is going on.  I am a member of WWU because I choose to be.  It's totally voluntary on my part.  I think it is a great place to interact with others and get different perspectives.  It also allows me to get my opinions out there, which helps me heal.  I always found this a safe environment to do that and people very supportive.

I took on the mod position, again voluntarily to help Luise out.  She was overwhelmed with things like this and was even considering shutting down the site.  I thought this was such a unique sight, that I didn't want to see that happen.  It has helped so many people, myself included.  I am not part of some great conspiracy.  I have simply enforced the forum rules, I hope in a nice way.  That's what I agreed to do when I said I would be a mod and that's what I have done.  I'm very sorry if some people are offended when they have to be reminded about the rules.  I can't help that.  I also can't help if there is behind the scenes emails going back and forth.  All I can do is modify and clarify to the best of my ability.

I am with Pam that I am remaining with WWU.  I find the good way outweighs the bad.  That is what I am choosing to do because I love this forum.  That's a personal choice for me and everyone else has to decide for themselves.  I know that I am a better person since coming to this forum.  It is the members that have given me wisdom and it is Luise and Kirk who have provided us a place to do it.  For that I am thankful.

I am also with Pam in if a member decides to leave, that is their choice and I will not post the why's or why not's about it.  If I did that, I would be doing the exact thing that I was just accused of.  I believe in their right to make their own decision.  I also believe if they choose to do that via email to Luise or Kirk, then that is also their right to not have that aired out in the forum. I also believe if a poster is breaking rules and harassing members, then Luise has the right to ban them, for all of our benefit.   If anyone thinks of me differently because of what has been transpiring, then I can't help that.  I am the same person that I have been on here for the last year...only I hope a little wiser thanks to everyone.

Now, that all being said by me, I'm not commenting on any of this any longer.  I clarified what I knew, what I believe and what I have chosen.  I hope that everyone here continues on and I hope that if you feel like you can't, that you leave knowing that you will be missed.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

overwhelmed123

So, what did Donna do to get banned?

pam1

OW, that is your opinion and I have mine.  I would not let others drama sway my high opinion of you, however I understand your decision about me and fully support it is yours to make.  I'm not happy about it, but there is nothing I can do.  If this website taught me anything it is that I can make friends without ever having to see them and have them be just as rewarding as if they friends in real life as if they were sitting in my living room.  It's sort of how I think about here, I log in to invite you into my life and to sit in your living room too.  IMO, you are someone I came to hold in high esteem and still do. 

You may be right and maybe I don't know everything.  That wouldn't be a first lol.  Again, all I can give you is my word and proof in my character in that I would not stand beside something if I knew it to be wrong.  That's all I have.

pam1

Quote from: overwhelmed123 on June 02, 2011, 07:46:20 AM
So, what did Donna do to get banned?

After this, I am going to follow Pooh's lead and not discuss posters details anymore.  She is 100 percent correct IMO that if we choose to air posters private details than we would be doing exactly what we were being accused of.

Donna was banned for breaking forum rules.  Providing the nitty gritty wouldn't just violate Donna's privacy, it would also violate a few other posters who are current on the board.  I do not believe in justifying or explaining a banning situation especially when it would involved airing others personal details who were not banned. 

SassyDI

OW I think they are right for not posting exactally why.  Even though the nosey person in me would love to know.  It really though is none of our business. 

Pooh

That was very uncalled for in the public forum OW.  I am hoping Luise comes in soon and removes that post as that is wrong to expose someone's email address in here.  I have no idea why someone seems to want to involve all the members behind the scenes to create controversy, and then bring it in here, but I will point out to you that the date on that is before we became mods.  We did not become mods until May 1st. 

OW, I have always liked you and enjoyed your posts, but I truly don't like what you are doing now as that is uncalled for.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

overwhelmed123

I think sending this to Laurie was uncalled for.  Their email addresses were already exposed, and that wasn't my doing at all.  It was a mod's doing.

SassyDI

OW sorry your way in the wrong here.  Not everyone had these email adress because I for sure didn't.