March 28, 2024, 04:45:05 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Prayers Please

Started by luise.volta, November 27, 2009, 08:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Well, my foot got worse instead of better and today i wen to the Dr. to be sure nothing we amiss. I found out that I have been walking on a fractured tibia for a week. No wonder it got worse. At the bottom of the tibia is a kind of bulb of bone (ankle) and right above that I have a transverse, displaced fracture all the way across. Probably surgery and pinning will be needed. Headed for the orthopedist.

Lots to try to figure out about how to take care of Val...and me. Weary tonight. Asking for prayers.

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

2chickiebaby

You got them coming, Luise......calling out the troops. 

You take good care of yourself. I know there are so many things to figure out regarding Val so keep us posted and please know that all of us will have you in our thoughts and prayers. Sendiing lots of love your way.

This is the last thing you needed right now but surely it's for a reason, even if it's just to take another course of action.  :)

AnnieB

Luise, you are in my thoughts and prayers.   

Pen

Good thoughts, prayers, best wishes for a speedy recovery for you as well as the help you need for Val are coming your way from all over. What a family you've created here! 

And, as comedian Demitri Martin says, "Forget 'get well soon.' Get well NOW!"

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

SunnyDays09

Prayers being said.
    Hopes of speedy recovery too! 

mom2

Luise,

So sorry to read that post .. your poor foot ! Try to take care of yourself ( I know that's hard to do when you are the caregiver ).
Prayers go out for you.
                                                                           Blessings

luise.volta

Thanks everyone...keep 'em coming, please, (those prayers.) This is going to be a long haul, (months.)

A "sortof daughter" has loaned me her $10,000. electric wheelchair (that she's had in storage since her miraculous recovery from a neurological condition of unknown origin), so I am busy crashing into doorways and furniture at the slowest speed possible. Big learning curve but a great blessing.

Our campus cleaning lady is coming every evening with take-out for us from our assisted care facility. She is also taking out the garbage, walking the dog, getting the mail and cleaning up messes.

A "soretof son" (we have ten "sortof kids") is taking me to the Orthopedist on Wed. I think a decision about surgery and pinning will come out of that. (If I have to have surgery, DH may need to be taken into nursing temporarily.)

Our beloved webmaster, Kirk, (DS) has offered to come over from Hawaii, where he lives, to assist in any way possible but I don't think that's necessary or practical. (Still nice to know he's willing to do that.)

No weight-bearing translates to "beached-whale", as far as I'm concerned. Not an easy caregiving position, but Val, (DH), to the best of his ability, is stepping up to the plate as the caregiver's caregiver!

Another "Sortof daughter" is coming up from Seattle on weekends to do laundry, shopping and baths.

So, a lot has taken place in the first three days of facing this tiger.

I'm OK. Can't take pain medicine because I have to be alert 24/7 regarding DH. That's challenging.

Love to all!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

2chickiebaby

Luise, you are SO someone we can model.  So positive and "go with the punches".  I admire you!! 

If I was near you, I'd be sure to come help.  You remind me of one of my best friends.  Even though she's 20 years older than I am and could be my Mother, she turns all lemons into lemonade and it's a delight for me to watch and TRY to model, although I never quite get there. 

She tells me to laugh at the DIL, whom she has met and totally understands my situation.  So hard to find humor in a humorless, bossy woman. 

Thank YOU and many prayers to you and Val still coming.......