March 28, 2024, 01:24:31 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Hi Everyone

Started by holliberri, June 01, 2011, 10:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holliberri

Hey All,

I just wanted to say that I am going to be leaving. This is my request to have my account shutdown and moderating duties turned over to someone else. I have come to appreciate and love all of you, and you are more than welcome to e-mail me or find me on Facebook if you like, I imagine if I'm that important to find, you'll do it somehow. I trust that all of our troubles, whatever they may be, are only temporary and we can all find peace, acceptance and love as time goes on. For some of us, that is right here at this site, for others it is not, and I suppose that is okay...I think I have begun to move into the latter category.

It's been fun the last 6 months.

AnonymousDIL

Pooh

Going to miss you Holly.  You have offered great words of wisdom and great perspectives.  It has been a pleasure and I wish you the best in life.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

Holly ......

Wishing you the best of everything ...good luck with your new little one ....gonna miss you LOTS ...x

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Sassy

Goodbye Holly.  I will think of you next time I get to watch the Housewives of NJ.  Goodbye Laurie.  Goodbye seasons.

I didn't click around much in the last day or two and I suppose I missed the lights blink on the last call.   

Good luck to you all.

Sassy

Donna, too?    Your exlpanation of the stages of grief was the best I'd read.    Love all you ladies.

AnonymousDIL

First, I want to say that this site has been a blessing and has really helped me understand my MIL more. At this point in time, however, I don't feel there is anything more for WWU to offer me. I request that my membership also be removed.

pam1

Ok, then just quit posting.  What's so hard about that?

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

overwhelmed123

Hope you guys don't get banned now!

Pooh

I will miss you ADIL.  I have learned much from you too. 

If anyone just wants a hiatus for awhile, please don't ask to have your membership deleted.  The software will automatically ban you if you have your account deleted.  It does this because it doesn't know the difference between someone that has been deleted because they broke rules (an actual ban) and someone that volunteers to be deleted.  The software bans anyone that has their account deleted.  It's not a person banning people because they asked to be deleted.

That is what the confusion is all about right now on the words "banned".  Once your account is deleted, it will give you this message if you try to come back because of what I explained above. 

So if you feel the need to take a break, please just don't post.  Your account will remain active if you choose to come back.  If you truly want to be deleted, then ask...but do so with the understanding it will not let you come back.

I love this place and I love all you guys.  I am staying and continuing to learn and grow.  That is my choice.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Sassy

Thank you to Pooh and to pam1 and pen and other mods for all your hard work.  That you for helping Luise and keeping WWU around for those of us who truly appreciate what it offers. 

FWIW, I did not get the impression anyone was "banned".  Those who are leaving are obviously doing it because they want to leave.   

When works keeps me away from here, I don't post.  When I can, I love coming back here.  Thank you for making it possible for me to do so.

Pooh

Thank you Sassy.  I hate all this is going on because I love this place too.  I guess you can call me your "groupie" because I can't wait until you get on here and post.  I always love your words and I usually learn something.
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Whew...what a breath of fresh air! Thank you. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Dianna