March 28, 2024, 12:59:38 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Pleasantly shocked

Started by Pen, May 26, 2011, 12:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justus

I am late to this, Pen, but I had to say I am glad for you and for your DIL. You have no idea the gift you gave her by taking the pressure off of yourself. You being relaxed makes it easier for her to relax. If only my own M could have figured this one out before it was too late.

Pooh

Hey Justus...good to see you!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Tara

Pen,

Glad to hear about the progress being made.  Good news.

Keys Girl

Good for you, Pen.  Hope you have a few more of these.
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

Pen

Thanks, guys. It's really hard sometimes to let it be, but it sure seems to work in my situation.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb