March 28, 2024, 03:53:06 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Clarification on Forum Rules

Started by pam1, June 02, 2011, 06:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

overwhelmed123

Pooh

I have no idea what you mean as I have no knowledge of that email.  I will say this, if someone sent that to Laurie that is associated with this forum, then yes it was wrong.  But it is also very wrong for Laurie to have forwarded it on to you exposing the emails and confidence, and then you exposed it to everyone here.

I'm sorry, but hinting at pointing fingers at others while doing it yourself doesn't sit well with me.  I don't play the inuendo game in real life and I will not do it here.  Inuendos create gossip, controversary and high school childish behavior.  Oh yeah, the very things that brought us all here to begin with.  People in our lives do this to us is why we seek guidance.  Now the very people that came here for help, are hurting others by doing the same things.

Again, I'm sorry if behind the scenes you are being given information that leads you to believe things about me.  I have layed it out for your here, but I will not betray confidences in members or posters to prove my point.  If I don't know the whole story, then so be it...maybe I don't.  But I am truly not interested in playing games with people about it.  Hopefully, Luise will lock this thread soon.

I am truly done with this and moving on to those that choose to want to be here and participate in the forum as it was created.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

SassyDI

Quote from: overwhelmed123 on June 02, 2011, 08:32:34 AM
What flavor is the kool aid?

If that was for me I don't know what your talking about.  I don't know who is right or who is wrong thats not the point.  The point is you don't go posting private email on a public fourm no less with their last names.  Pooh and Pam1 could be wrong for all I know but its still not right.

overwhelmed123

Luise can lock the thread, but she's the one who did it...not Pooh or Pam or any of the mini mods.

Pooh

SassyDI, thank you for sorting through and seeing the right and wrong of the situation.  I appreciate it.  And you are right, me and Pam could be wrong.  I know what I said was the truth as I know it,  and all I can say is thanks for hanging in there.

Three things about your very last post OW.  You just changed your story because you started this with all the mods were betraying posters, and now you are saying we are not.  And two, you called me a mini mod as an insult which just showed your true character to me.  Three, you might want to take a step back and think about these messages you are getting from ?  They are complaining about betraying confidences while betraying confidences?

You guys know that I normally don't get into controversary with members, but there is so much going on out there right now that is behind the scenes and again, everyone has a choice.  OW, if you are so confident of our conspiracy, then graciously bow out and quit posting.  Continuing to post to try and prove something is just making things worse.  This site is voluntary and if at any point I decide I don't want to be here...I don't have to be.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

overwhelmed123

Mini  mod wasn't an insult, Pooh, I just meant it wasn't any of you, I would like to actually think you are all innocent in the matter as all of it came from the person who oversees the whole board.  Is Luise not the main mod?  At this point, I don't think you and Pam are involved at all, I think you were probably lied to- not your fault.  I don't see how I changed my story.  Luise betrayed posters confidence.  Sorry, I didn't want to say names before, but I don't care anymore.

Pooh

Quote from: overwhelmed123 on June 02, 2011, 07:21:33 AM
And don't email any mod to complain about another poster, because your email will just be forwarded to the poster you speak about, whether you want it to be or not.

You said any mod, then said we are not involved now.  You said that then posted an email with a date earlier than we were mods.  I will tell you I hate when my character is called into question.  I don't like when someone accuses me of things that I have not done.  I do not like when someone hints I am involved in a big conspiracy and I do not like when people save up things to use against people at a later date.  To me, that actually speaks volumes of their character.

It is Luise's choice if she wants to say anything about it, not mine.  I am defending my character and the rights of our members to not have their private information placed in a public forum.  I'm sorry you don't care any longer, but that doesn't make what you did right.
Joseph Campbell

overwhelmed123

Pooh, LOL, I am sorry I used the word, "any."  Let me set the record straight, I should not have said "any," the reason I did is because I assumed anything someone sends to a mod would get back to Luise, and that is the person who betrayed confidences.  I wasn't sure if any of the other mods were involved so I asked questions.  Now I know you are not.  So you don't need to defend your character because it's now clear no one is attacking it.   Got it?  Woosah.

overwhelmed123

And I've never seen someone edit a post but then take out the tag that they edited it....I wonder what that's all about.

Pooh

And now I realized I lied because I said I was done with this.  Sorry everyone, didn't mean to lie about that, just got my dander up when I get accused falsely, lied about and someone doesn't mind hurting others to validate their point.

Ok, now....onward and upward!  I'm not lying this time...no matter what!
Joseph Campbell

overwhelmed123

Just following in Luise's footsteps...taking a lesson from her.  Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers, pooh bear.

lancaster lady

Hey guys ......

Coming in here ....I think we have heard enough bickering .
OW:
Are you going to spoil all the good that you have had from this forum in one page ?
You seem to be fighting someone else's fight .
The people who have left have done so graciously and with dignity , please don't spoil your wonderful
history with this forum .
Whatever the rights and wrongs which may or may not have happened , this is not your call to sit
judgement on .
I would sincerely ask that you stop .

overwhelmed123

Sorry, but I feel that everyone should know what has been going on behind the scenes, people get gossiped about and the emails get forwarded and gossiped about more.  It was a shock to me because I thought there was more character than that.  I just want the people I care about here to be careful what they say and who they say it to.

overwhelmed123

Luise forwarded private personal emails directly to Laurie, without asking for confidence or anything of the like.  Poor Barb and Kathleen probably had no idea Luise would use their private emails to send directly to the person they were talking about.  I want to know why.

luise.volta

June 02, 2011, 09:06:55 AM #44 Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 09:10:15 AM by luise.volta
I am closing this because of the unkindness to me and to my Moderators. We all do this work for free and we do our best. Anyone seeking perfection needs to look heavenward. Anyone who doesn't like it here can leave. Those who want to cause trouble instead of focusing on working on our life-issues together need to cease and desist. I hope that is plain enough. I will delete a dozen if need be...to get us back on track. This isn't an "I said/she said...I wrote/she wrote...I'm going to tell on you/but don't you tell on me" Forum. It's for adults. And just so I am absolutely clear here...no one publishes other people's emails and email addresses here for any purpose. ANY purpose. It is cause for deletion and I have set it in motion.
P.S. I never forward private emails. You're the pot calling the kettle black.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama