March 28, 2024, 06:52:09 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Nerves

Started by holliberri, May 27, 2011, 07:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holliberri

Our homestudy for adoption is tomorrow. Ugh. I'm a nervous wreck. It's four hours long, and I really don't know the extent of what they'll be doing. I did ask...and they say, "Safety, no big deal!" But then I think, most things that take 4 hours ARE a big deal. Ironically, I've childproofed more for a child we don't have, than the child we do have. I'm sure it's an overkill, but I just wouldn't want them to say, "Hey, bad parents!"

I was calm....not anymore, lol. I don't think I'll be getting much sleep tonight.

I am trying to think of something fun in the northeast that doesn't involve the Jersey Shore. LOL. Any ideas? I figure the homestudy will wrap up by two. DH and I can hit the road (I don't mind long trips) and do something fun until Monday night. I'd love suggestions. I'm stumped as to what we could do, and I think we both need it. Between baby, school, work, a class reunion, and this whole adoption process...we need a quick getaway. We'll be bringing DD b/c we can't just  part with her, but she's quite portable, lol. Thanks in advance! Enjoy your long weekend! I hear fireworks going off right now...fun!

luise.volta

Any mountains nearby? It always feels good to me to go up and then look down. A cabin. A fire in the fireplace. The smell of pines...

Remember regarding the four-hour thing that they are trying to weed out the losers. That's not you! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

SassyDI

I think the first thing you need to do is just breath.  Just watch and episode on Grey's where Mer is trying so hard and you can tell the social worker is like thinking just be yourself.  YOu need to just be yourself and be honest.  If you missed one small thing they are not going to say Holly you don't get a baby.  Your first child is a live and well right?  I think them seeing her happy and healthy is going to go a long way in your favor.  So just breath.

Pen

What time is the SW due to arrive? Any chance you could fit in some aerobic activity? Getting rid of adrenalin will help you feel less nervous. Holly, you'll be great. The SW will love you, your DH & your DD. Let us know how it goes and what you ended up doing as your post-SW treat!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

SassyDI

Sesame Place in Phil we took DD there last year it was amazing.

pam1

Hershey Park!!!!!

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pen

Holly, thinking of you today. You've got a ton of us cheering you on!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Donna

You are ahead of the game, and will enjoy the rest of the weekend in peace....home visits seem like a microscopic invasion of your privacy, but more so they want to see the interaction between you husband and child, and how the whole home will cope.  You are a winner, and there will not be a problem. 

Kind thoughts,

Rose799

Feeling better Holly?   Hope they didn't notice any of us peeking around the corner?  :) 

lancaster lady

Dear Holli Berri....

If they don't realise what a super mom you are and will be to another dearest little one , they don't
deserve to be in their job !
You'll pass with flying colours , and then some ..!

Pooh

Sorry Holly, just now saw this.  I am hoping everything went wonderful and your anxiety, although normal, was not necessary.  You are a wonder Mother and this was just routine.  Wishing you the best!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

holliberri

Hi Everyone!

DH and I packed up baby and skipped town...and state...and headed to Boston! LOL. We had never gone before, so we figured, why not?

The homestudy went really well. It was no pressure, just an separate interview of each of us and then a combined one. She took a peek in each room and that was it. It feels a little more real than it has now. I won't know officially for a few weeks, but she said she didn't see any problem with an approval! Phew!  :)

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Rose799

That's wonderful news, Holly!!! 

Donna

Great news, glad it all went well and you had a wonderful weekend.