March 28, 2024, 08:56:23 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Pleasantly shocked

Started by Pen, May 26, 2011, 12:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pen

I'm still kind of reeling, actually. DH & I spent about an hour with DS & DIL this eve. It was very pleasant! DIL chatted, laughed and seemed to enjoy being with us. She even mentioned the possibility of a future outing together. She did bring up her fabulous FOO, but didn't rub it in as before. She didn't criticize us at all. Progress? I hope so...I have to squelch my wariness and not overthink everything, just enjoy the moment.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Nana

Oh Pen...it sounds really nice.   I dont know what changed her attitude...but it doesnt matter....she made you happy.  It is a good start.  Good things should happen to good people like you...so there must be some more coming.....I pray to the Lord lol.   

I wish you the best Pen.....enjoy,

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

free_at_last

Maybe she is realizing what the truly important things in life are?  Pen, you are one of the MIL's here whose DIL's behavior has baffled me...there really doesn't seem to be any reason for her shunning of you and I don't think she knows how lucky she is.  Maybe she is finally seeing that.  I hope you see continued improvement in your relationship with her....I think she will really like you if she gives herself a chance to.

Sassy

lancaster lady

Fingers crossed Pen .....we are always over cautious,if you're like me you.wonder what they are after ......enjoy the moment and I hope it continues..... :)

themuffin

Congrats Pen!!! Sounds like new beginnings!!! I'm so happy for you! ;D

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

luise.volta

Wow..Pen!! Prayers get answered...wishes get granted...patience gets rewarded. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

YES...YES...YES!!!!  So happy for you Pen!  Progress!!!

You get a WOOT WOOT~
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

pam1

That's great, Pen!  I'm so excited for you :)  May this be a new beginning...
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pen

Thanks, everyone! IMO having you guys to talk to takes the pressure off, so when I see DIL & DS I am more relaxed...which makes her more relaxed...IDK, for now I'm grateful, whatever the cause. WW are the best!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

holliberri

I'm glad everything went well! I have to ask...was there wine involved?   ;)

Rose799

That's terrific, Pen,

If dil would allow you the opportunity, she'd see the same Pen we've all come to know & love.  Wishing you all the best...

Pen

Thank you, Rose & Holly. No wine involved, darn, but fun all the same  ;D
-- Annie Gottlieb

Donna

Sounds as if all was pleasant, thank you for sharing and happy for you ~ this is a Happy Vent...Hugs....

forever spring

So pleased for you! ENJOY THE MOMENT. Life is an accummulation of moments lived in real time, let the memory of this evening linger and make you strong.
Hugs