March 28, 2024, 09:38:25 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Long way from home.......

Started by Joyce Mitchell, May 30, 2011, 12:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

I love the way you are sorting this out and problem-solving! I live by the ocean...the Pacific. Our retirement center is on a bluff overlooking Puget Sound. www.warmbeach.org (Yup, that's a picture of me on the Home Page.  :D )
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

And we ALL now want to retire to Luise's lovely home.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Donna

Reading all of your posts and the answers, living with your friend with the cat sounds like a good option, where you may get more time to do some healing moves yoga and experience some stress free time and heal physically, emotionally and oh my yes spiritually.

I am so sad to read your letter.  However nothing ventured nothing gained.  You now know where you do not stand in the lives of your children.  If your DD desires to not include you in GD life; it is the loss to GD, for you ventured to build that relationship

I love the way you are forward thinking and thinking about going to Florida, and I also love that you have a friend who would drive your vehicle from Texas to Chicago, that is friendship.

Years ago they used to call it a cabbage patch family, but sometimes the cabbage patch family is far more loving and caring than our real families, and so be but so happy that you have built around you a strong fortress of friends, who are there for you.

You have been a very brave woman.  In 1973 I injured my back and have discs 3/4/5 all fused.  For years I depended on painkillers, until one doctor advised me that my surgery was years ago and refused to refill.  My regular doctor was away.  I was devastated.  Wow the pain really became intense.  He put me in therapy, no drugs, and boy did I howl.  But at the end of therapy I was both pain free and drug free.  I was at that time fortunate to have a horse which I would ride and the walking motion was very therapeutic.  Today they do sell something which you lie down on the floor and put your knees over and create a motion that is similar and it may well help heal those nerves.  Sciatic pain is like a hot rusty knife just twisting inside of you.  However, by this time, the pain was more in my head connected to the pain killers, so it's just my story with words of caution where strong drugs are involved. 

With these words, the focus has to be on you, getting physically well, and I think you already know where you are with your DC.

It is not all DC that have this issue, as I have friends who have children, some of them are this way and others are not.  Strangely I never spoke about them until I found this absolutely incredible forum, now I bring it up, and am guiding them to the forum; so they too realize they are not alone.  There is confusion for them, as they can't understand why one can be what one should be, and the other is so hateful.  We are not capable in any way to change their decisions, we just have to accept what they are, but first and foremost take care of ourselves.

You are an incredible woman who has made incredible moves in her life, and you will make the incredible decisions to put your life back on track, so you can be both healthy and happy.

I look forward to hearing more from you, welcome aboard, sending hugs -