April 19, 2024, 01:53:25 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Success So Far

Started by irenic, May 23, 2011, 07:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irenic

Hi All,
Its been a while, my daughter and I have opened up the lines of communication,
we have spent several weekends together, we have agreed to begin new, we have
discussed what her concerns were with me, I acknowledged her and apologized for
the lack of parenting she felt I didn't provide when my son died, I told her I love her
and that my behavior as a parent fell short and that I wanted to be open and
communicate rather than say hurtful things which we didn't mean and try to hurt
each other.  We spent all day Sat and Sunday, I took her to the doctor shewas sick,
and then I took her home, Sunday made her homemade soup, which she said she
loved.  That was NICE, we are practicing saying good things to each other.  I am
now trying to cope with my husbands affair which is so very painful as well.  I am
hoping this love will carry my daughter and I through, she says she never wants
this to happen to us again.  I love her and my son dearly, thank God miracles do happen
and it takes time and the right time I think, and my willingness to listen to what I didn't
do and acknowledge her hurt.  Thanks to this forum for allowing me to vent and the constant
support.  Love and peace to all of you still enduring the pain, I feel for each of us.

pam1

Irenic, great news!  I'm so happy for you and your DD.

I am sorry to hear about your husbands infidelity, how painful for you.  Take care of yourself please.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

irenic

Thanks, it is equally as painful

pam1

(((Irenic)))

Do you have a good support system? 

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

holliberri

Irenic, I am very happy to hear this.

seasons

Irenic, your story today is so full of hope and love.  You are an inspiration.  I hope we can support you so this can continue.  I admire your spirit of trying to improve things.  We need more of that in our lives.  Thank you for posting this.

jill

Hi Irenic,
I have been thinking about you as you have not posted in a while.  I am really happy to hear your  news.  It is something we are all hoping for, a close relationship with our children.
Best wishes.............................Jill

Nana

Irenic...I have missed your posts.  Wonderful things where happening while you were away huh?....Good for you and daughter.   Yes miracles do happen...and most often than we think......  Keep us posted. 

Love you
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Pooh

Good to hear things are working out with DD.  Lots of good thoughts to you to continue to heal.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Donna

Irenic:  I read your post, and I am happy for you and for your DD; and I only hope and pray there has been enough hurt and you both honor each other with love and forgiveness.  I feel deeply for you, as when I was very young, my older sister was killed, and my mom was quite hurtful.  Somehow I didn't hold it against her, as I had a sense of knowing it was the pain, oh to lose a child that pain is just so deep.  No one is at fault, this is the sadness that follows tragedy, and now you have a new formed connection where all has been laid out.  I am but happy for you. 

Pertaining to your husband, this is a whole new pain body for you, and you must wonder does the torture never end?  My heart hurts for you, you have endured a lot, and to have a small ray of sunshine come through at this time, could not be better medicine. 

You will be in my thoughts and prayers, as I would hope this re-kindling relationship blossoms, and each of you enjoy the bonds of mother and daughter as it should be. 

Be kind to yourself Irenic, be gentle, take care of you.

irenic

ThanksDonna, you added much joy to my evening.

Donna

I will keep special angel prayers for you that all work out with your daughter, and I don't know the plans for the "affair"; but I believe you are a wise woman who has a lot of silent resilience; and you will climb that molehill with great ease.

Hugs for the day.

Rose799

It's so wonderful to hear your success story, Irenic.  It's been a long time coming... 

Blessings to you & dd,
Rose