March 28, 2024, 04:48:06 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Middle Age Texting Codes

Started by Pooh, May 24, 2011, 11:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Since some of us are getting on up there in years, I thought that you might like to know that they have now instituted some new texting slang just for us.

ATD - At the Doctor
BFF - Best friend fell
BYOT - Bring your own teeth
FWIW - Forgot where I was
GHA - Got heartburn again
IMHO - Is my hearing-aid on?
LMDO - Laughing my dentures out
OMMR - On my massage recliner
TTYL - Talk to you louder
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

holliberri

I can't wait to tell Laurie her hearing aid isn't on!

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

We have the CRAFT moments .....
Can't remember a flipping thing !!

seasons

Quote from: Pooh on May 24, 2011, 11:06:44 AM
Since some of us are getting on up there in years,

And for those of us who have been "on up there in years" for some time now ...  how about the young folks translation of those acronyms?  I know FWIW, and IMHO, but have never heard of the others.

holliberri

If 27 is young...I haven't heard of many either...

BFF...Best Friend Forever
TTYL: Talk to you later.

I'm stumped on the rest.

I added an "LOL" to an e-mail to my Torts Law Professor once. He e-mailed me back saying he didn't appreciate me sending him Lots of Love.

I'll use Haha instead of laugh out loud here. Embarrassing.

Donna

Pooh - thank you for the giggles, that was so refreshing.  LOL, I just have had to have all my teeth pulled and have been recovering with this as well, I don't like the temporary teeth at all, hopefully the real ones are better, but I truly giggled at BYOT and LMDO.  Hugs to you - donna

SassyDI

Quote from: Holly on May 24, 2011, 11:11:20 AM
I can't wait to tell Laurie her hearing aid isn't on!

This one would be good for DH.  He lsot his hearing from an IV drug back before we meet after his injury.(yeah tough break)  He is always agreeing with me or asking me "what" Will use this one now.

Pooh

I used it on my Mom last night!  (She's completely deaf in one ear and has 10-20% hearing out of the other due to red measles when she was young).  I can't write on here what she sent back....it would violate the forum agreement that I agreed to uphold......... ;D
Joseph Campbell

SassyDI

Quote from: Pooh on May 25, 2011, 06:31:08 AM
I used it on my Mom last night!  (She's completely deaf in one ear and has 10-20% hearing out of the other due to red measles when she was young).  I can't write on here what she sent back....it would violate the forum agreement that I agreed to uphold......... ;D

Was she mad?  DH laughed when I told IYHO(Is your hearingaide on).

Pooh

Oh no...she wasn't mad....she thought it was funny.
Joseph Campbell