March 28, 2024, 01:04:42 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Where I am today?

Started by Pooh, May 20, 2011, 11:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

I've had several people ask me on email how I am doing with my medical stuff, so I thought I would let you guys no where I'm at.  I finished the trial run of immunity junk (gag) and I feel better than I have in a long time.  I do have some new lovely things going on, that are more annoyances than anything. Like little cysts appearing on the cartilage of my ear, bruising around my left knee for no reason.

I have my first Rheumy appoint in a couple of weeks.  They wanted me on the immunity junk for about 6ish weeks prior to see if that did anything.  They told me to expect to be there for about 4 hours and they will be re-running a bunch of blood work and other things.  So while I'm not looking forward to it, at the same time, I am.  I'm hoping that I will finally get some definate answers.

So thanks for asking and hopefully, within the next month (factoring in time to get test results back) I will have some concrete answers to what is going on.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Thanks for the update. Was wondering. We're in your corner! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

overwhelmed123

Thanks for the update, Pooh!  Thinking about you!!!

holliberri

Sheesh, Pooh. Thanks for the update! I didn't realize you had to wait this long for answers.

lancaster lady

Pooh ......after all you've been through lately .....you really need some good news ! I'm finally seeing cardiologist next week after a two month wait .Glad I survived the wait !  Thinking of you Pooh .....x

Nana

Hi Pooh....as Luise says....we are in your corner....I am praying for the best outcome.  Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Pen

Pooh, the waiting room will be full of WW. Tell your doc's receptionist to load up on trashy magazines, LOL. Thinking of you...
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

Lol Pen!  LL, glad you finally got an appointment too!  I'm sending big, humongous wishes your way as well to get some good news!

Holly, they warned me up front that it was a long wait to get in to see a rheumatoligist.  They take all your medical records and study them before you ever get an appointment to see if they even think you need to see one, so I guess getting an appointment says something.  Surprisingly, we don't even have one where I live.  We are a decent size city (100,000) and there is not even one here.  Now that shocked me.  They set me up with a really good one in the City next to us, so I was warned it would probably take 3-6 months to get in.  Took 3, so I guess that's good :)

My doctors that I have currently and the research I have done on my own all say the same thing.  Lupus is very hard to diagnose because it mimics so many other things.  The many months of tests I have had on other things, are actually good to rule out other things, although annoying to have to wait months and months.  Who knows, once I get to the Rheumy, he may say "Nope, not Lupus."  My doctor seems to think the Rheumy is going to have field day out of my arm as that is the one thing that I have that has never gone away and no one can figure out.  So I may rename myself "lab rat" before this is ever settled.  ;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

holliberri

Pooh, no doubt your positivity about all of this will be your #1 weapon, no matter what the Rheumy says!  :)

Pen

LL, I think your waiting room will be filled with WW as well. Your doc won't know what's going on! But we will all be there. Best wishes.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

pam1

Pooh, sorry I just saw this.

I hope things start working out soon.  I admire your positive attitude.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

lancaster lady

thanks Pen ....it's this Friday ....thing is if the heart behaves while I'm there , what happens then ?
Maybe give me a monitor to wear for a while .....you know how it is , you wait sooo long to see the doc ,
then when you do , things seem much better ...lol
It's still skipping away at time , missing beats , then catching up , so maybe something to regulate it .
Family BBQ at my nephews on Saturday , so something  to look forward to , oh yes and it's my birthday too .. :)

Pooh

Awww...I wanna be there for your birthday!  Happy early Birthday!

My Mom was having issues and the same thing happened LL.  The day of her appointment, her heart cooperated just fine!  He did give her a monitor to wear for two weeks.  Her's ended up being blood pressure and now that they have that regulated, she's been great.
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

thankyou Pooh ,

My blood pressure is fine .My own doc said that some women going through the menopause (forever)....
and also pregnant women , sometimes have these palpitations .
Perhaps not the raging ones I had , will wait and see , not feeling stressed about the visit .
Will be glad to know the cause .

Pooh

I know what you mean.  I'm not stressed about going either, well except I'm starting to feel like a pin-cushion!
Joseph Campbell