April 16, 2024, 08:20:49 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Where I am today?

Started by Pooh, May 20, 2011, 11:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Two things.  1.  I had my appointment this morning....ALL morning.  Really liked this Doctor.  He was Russian! Lol.  A little hard to understand but very nice and listened.  Still don't know anything but they took a pint of blood and are running 15 different tests along with urine tests.  I am supposed to hear something next week.  He did find a ganglion cyst in the back of hand that he said needs to be looked at and he will deal with it after we get the test results back.  So I'm in a little wrist splint for now.

2.  LL?  Did you get to have your appointment?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

lancaster lady

Hi Pooh :
We used to bang ganglions hard with a book ....ouch !
Had my appointment a week or so ago ...Doc decided my heart is AOK !
ECG showed no sign of heart damage or malfunction .....going back in four months .
I asked about the heart jumping and skipping .....oh you'll get used to that !  lol
I also asked whether the acupuncture could have caused the fibrillation ...he said he hadn't heard
of that being a cause .
So then I asked about getting acupuncture again for my arthritis and should I risk it ....he said
'' Well try it and see what happens !'' ......... :o
so how's that for science ?   lol

Pooh

Ha ha...gotta luv science.  My Mother and DH said that the banging of ganglions was affectionately called "Bible Therapy"....I was all for it, but Rheumy said no..no..no...we don't do that anymore because it could cause damage!  He's no fun.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

elsieshaye

Pooh - sending you good vibes that the blood tests come back with good results, and sorry you have to part with so much blood in the process - a friend of mine has clotting factor issues, and literally has to get 14 tubes of blood drawn every six months.  She made the mistake of coming to a happy hour right afterwards one time, and had a very rough evening.

LL, I had to laugh at what your doctor said. :D  Clearly, he doesn't think the acupuncture is to blame, but I can totally imagine it wasn't the most reassuring comment ever.
This too shall pass.  All is well.

Pooh

Thanks elsieshaye...they took 9 out of me today.  She said, "Have you ate or drank anything this morning?"  I told her I had not eaten just coffee and she went "Uh oh".  The last thing you want to hear from the woman getting the big needle ready is "Uh oh".  She was worried I was going to pass out.
Joseph Campbell

elsieshaye

Haha, yes, "uh oh" is second only to "oops!" on the list of stuff you don't want the people with the sharp objects saying around you!  I complain when they take 3-4 tubes out of me every 3 months for diabetes / kidney / thyroid tests.  And, really, they're tiny little tubes.  I have to fast for mine, no exceptions, so the "uh oh" would've been really unwelcome, lol.  Make up your minds, medical people!!!
This too shall pass.  All is well.

Pooh

Well that's what I thought.  Every blood test I have ever had, they didn't want me to eat, so I figured I wouldn't this morning, just in case....shows you what I know!

Joseph Campbell

Nana

Sending love to you Pooh.  Hope everything will be fine Thinking positive is mandatory.  Keep us posted on the results.

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Rose799

I'm glad you found a good doctor, Pooh.  That in itself means a lot.  Good luck next week with the test results.

Rose799

Quote from: lancaster lady on June 06, 2011, 12:25:48 PM
Doc decided my heart is AOK !
ECG showed no sign of heart damage or malfunction .....going back in four months .
I asked about the heart jumping and skipping .....oh you'll get used to that !  lol
I also asked whether the acupuncture could have caused the fibrillation ...he said he hadn't heard of that being a cause .
So then I asked about getting acupuncture again for my arthritis and should I risk it ....he said
'' Well try it and see what happens !'' ......... :o
so how's that for science ?   lol

That's great news, LL, & a load off!  My dh has an irregular heart rate, we think due to meds he was taking, niacin & a diuretic.  It's mentioned as a possible side effect on the pkg inserts.  Thankfully, his is not serious either.   

lancaster lady

Thankyou Rose ....
My cardio is a bit of a laugh , but very dishy !!
He reckons the reason for my 'episode' was stress related .
Which of course led me to this forum , after the Christmas I went through it wasn't
surprising I ended up in A&E.....alls well now hopefully , and my stress has disappeared
whilst talking to my cyber buddies ..... :)

Pen

Well, that's great! Where can we send the bill? LOL

George Clooney dishy? Becks dishy? That might explain the heart palpitations...
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

Well how do you like these potatoes???  I have not posted very much on my FB about my possible Lupus.  I think over the last year and a half, I have referenced going to docs a couple of times and my weird arm.  I also remember a couple of friends asking me about it specifically and me telling them a couple of things down inside comments.  No big huge announcement...as I have no confirmation about anything yet.

So I post Sunday night that I am going for my first Rheumy appointment Monday.  Get lots of well wish and such.  One of my cousins assumes since I am going to a Rheumatologist, that they are looking at arthritis of some sort (good assumption), so I let her know that I am not going for arthritis, but that I have some weird stuff going on and they are looking at Lupus.

Long story short (Too Late!) my SIL gets on there and says something like, "Don't know it this is relevant, but you might want to let your MD know that your brother was diagnosed with Sarcoidosis, another autoimmune disease."  After going back and forth with a timeline and symptoms, he was diagnosed 2 years ago...we have some of the exact same symptoms!

Well color me purple this would have been nice to know yesterday morning!!!!!!  Lol.
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama