March 28, 2024, 10:04:38 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Cut from the Herd SIL on TV

Started by Sassy, May 18, 2011, 06:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holliberri

Eek...OMW that was long. Sorry for making you slog through that. Brevity isn't my forte when I talk about a subject I know a lot about...and I know about my RHONJ!

I feel another field trip to Franklin Lakes coming on....panini anyone?

Sassy

Thank you Holly!  Just what I was looking for!  When I watched the show, I kept thinking of WWU.  Wondering what WWU would make of it.  My friend said Teresa got the "Sweetheart Edit".  I forgot about the part where Teresa was paranoid and accusing that SIL was using the same, or rather "MY" hair stylist.   Apparently Teresa has suffered a fall from economic grace compared to the previous seasons, and she's supposed to be "humbled" now.   I chose sides.  But you're right, it is equal, and they all played a role.

Your 1-8 nailed it.  Wow.  Competition, Grudges, Zero ownership, everything you said.  "Done me wrong" LOL.  Woah is them.  I had trouble telling the people you mentioned apart at first.

One exaggeration that we kept rewinding SIL claiming that T's husband "charged" T's brother and that he caused all the fights at the whole party.  After the brother called Teresa garbage (or was it trash?) , Teresa's husband did go towards her brother.  But (this we paused, lol) husband's hand and finger was pointed.  Not balled up or pulled back like he was going to strike.  Index finger out, like he was going verbal, to the person who just called his wife garbage.   

As T's husband points, some big guy physically holds the (short and small) brother back.  The brother was either pretending he would if he could, or really going in for the attack. Brother was being held back by multiple men.  During the entire brawl, only a woman was up against T's husband.  We decided if anyone actually thought T's husband was going to strike someone, wouldn't at least one man try to hold him back?  T and husband just left the room and other brawls broke out.  Which SIL also blamed T's husband for.

Then T's brother runs after his ill and elderly father and starts screaming, yelling and crying at him, for getting along with T's husband.   Howling even.  I thought T's brother was so insecure and Napoleanic, just lashing out at everyone in blame for his own misery.  CFTH SIL kept repeating how wrong it was of T's husband to spend so much time with T and her brother's father. The brother was jealous of BIL's relationship with the father, but CFTH SIL seemed to either create or really feed it.

I guess here I am looking for blame again.  And taking sides.   Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts.  AND what you took away.  Assumptions are a biggie for me to watch for to. .  "This must mean that."  Nope, this means this.  I had a boyfriend when I was younger, and we both realized always got in the same fight.  Once we videotaped it.  We watched it afterwards.  We broke up a week after that.  We realized the issues that kept coming up were always there, and weren't going to change.

Thanks again for a WWU take on lifestyles of the vapid and resentful.