March 28, 2024, 07:48:37 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

A friend who has Daughters

Started by Prissy, June 16, 2009, 02:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prissy

I was with friend today who has daughters. Good for her. She went on and on about how wonderful they were, thoughtful of them and just precious.

Her: I just wish their inlaws wouldn't butt in so much.
Me: What do they do?
Her: I don't know, they (her daughters) just don't like them.
Me: Why?
Her: They ALWAYS want them to come to Christmas and they buy them expensive gifts!!!!
Me: And they don't like that?
Her: No, they want to come here. It's better here.
Me: How?
Her: It just IS. They are more comfortable with us. And besides, the Grandmother feeds them sweets and they don't like that. They don't babysit much either.
Me: Why?
Her: I don't know.  I know the MIL works but that shouldn't hinder them from babysitting on weekends.
Me:  But, she feeds them sweets.
Her: Well, she should know that we're the Grandparents and we come first.
Me: (to myself) "why don't they just shoot them; it would be kinder."

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama