March 28, 2024, 04:19:54 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

GMIL and my love and dislike relationship

Started by SassyDI, May 06, 2011, 05:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SassyDI

Quote from: Holly on May 06, 2011, 12:30:31 PM
I know what I would do in SassyDI's shoes.  I'd make sure never to show her U/S photos again. I'd have a roped red carpet invitation only look session across the room and she would not be invited.

Funny.  I also should have told her to go to confession for being so judgemental. 

SassyDI

Quote from: AnonymousDIL on May 06, 2011, 12:41:09 PM
Quote from: SassyDI on May 06, 2011, 12:38:32 PM
Yep I would have shared my pregnancy with GMIL at all.  And she would not have been invited to the shower. 

Don't you think that would have hurt her feelings?

See I find it funny your so worried about her feelings?   

AnonymousDIL

Quote from: SassyDI on May 06, 2011, 12:45:03 PM
Yep I would have shared my pregnancy with GMIL at all.  And she would not have been invited to the shower. 

Does that mean you are not concerned about her feelings at all?

SassyDI

Quote from: AnonymousDIL on May 06, 2011, 12:46:50 PM
Quote from: SassyDI on May 06, 2011, 12:45:03 PM

Does that mean you are not concerned about her feelings at all?

When a woman blames me for a man touching me in ways he shouldn't heck no I don't feel sorry for her at all. 

AnonymousDIL

Hmmmm.... My advice, anger and resentment like that will eat you alive. I've been there. I am a lot happier now that I have learned to let things go.

SassyDI

Quote from: AnonymousDIL on May 06, 2011, 12:54:56 PM
Hmmmm.... My advice, anger and resentment like that will eat you alive. I've been there. I am a lot happier now that I have learned to let things go.

Should I let the Uncle babysit to why I am at it. 

AnonymousDIL

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."-- There is a lot of truth to this statement. There is a huge difference between letting go of the emotional hurt from GMIL and disregarding a physical invasion from Uncle. Have you pursued any legal action against him? Could that be grounds for a restraining order of some sort?

LaurieS

confused again.. so you are angry with her for not wanting to fall all over your fetus pictures or for not fully defending you with the uncle... the same uncle that your dh did not come to your defense with?  I'm having a hard time following here. 

And you know if  you really believe that the uncle is capable of molesting your child I don't think I would even bring up him babysitting while trying to a sarcastic point.

SassyDI

Annnoymous and Laurie I am done it seems you just want to be against me so be against me.  Have a nice day lady's. 

SassyDI

Holly thanks so much for your advice and kindness.

AnonymousDIL

Quote from: SassyDI on May 06, 2011, 01:09:56 PM
Annnoymous and Laurie I am done it seems you just want to be against me so be against me.  Have a nice day lady's.

I'm sorry you feel that I am against you. I was merely offering a different POV and possible solutions. Luise tells us all the time that you can't change other people only how you interact with them.