October 22, 2019, 06:21:41 pm

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."


GMIL and my love and dislike relationship

Started by SassyDI, May 06, 2011, 05:15:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SassyDI

Quote from: Holly on May 06, 2011, 09:23:02 am
As long as you aren't taking the bait, just consider the source. I an sorry she doesnt seem too respect you.


Nope not taking bait from her.

LaurieS

Quote from: SassyDI on May 06, 2011, 09:03:56 am
first off it was DH's grandma(GMIL) not his dad's wife.  2nd I only saw her at family functions while pregnant and yes I brought my U/S to show to family.  Why should I have to hide my U/S because she choose to act like a fool. Sorry Laurie how am I wrong wanting to show off my baby a baby that took a very long time to have.  I should be able to show her off proudly.   Was it a slight towards my IVF I don't think so but maybe it was.  She was very angry with DH and I for what we did.  Was it about my prochoice thinking oh I think so.



GMIL "NO scinentist what do they call babies again?"

Me " a fetus"

GMIL "Begins her rant about abortion"

That was what was said DH was talking with his Aunt (creepy Uncle's wife) and Grandma, being nice trying to include the woman who told my hubby to go to confession.  Yeah I was being the better person and she couldn't be.   Yes she knew my point of view by then and I didn't take the bait.  Did she know that name I have no clue.  Fine think it but you should never talk about to the M-2-B.


Well Sassy do you see how it's easy to become offended when someone was not attempting to offend you?  I went back and looked  you have  changed your wording but there is really no need in becoming offended  when I said that you would  need to clarify in order to understand the progression of events.

Where  did I ever say that you were  'wrong' for wanting to show someone your undeveloped baby pictures?  Personally I think it would be more polite to say hey would you be interested in seeing them ..  Personally photos of my dil's uterus is not what I find conversation worthy.   I said you were wrong for expecting a different response.

LaurieS


SassyDI

Quote from: Laurie on May 06, 2011, 09:47:09 am
What is the age of this gmil?


I don't see what ages has to do with anything.  Personally I hate when people use that excuse "There old and set in there ways."  Doesn't give a person the right to be rude, mean and pushy. 

SassyDI

Quote from: Laurie on May 06, 2011, 09:36:31 am
Quote from: SassyDI on May 06, 2011, 09:03:56 am
first off it was DH's grandma(GMIL) not his dad's wife.  2nd I only saw her at family functions while pregnant and yes I brought my U/S to show to family.  Why should I have to hide my U/S because she choose to act like a fool. Sorry Laurie how am I wrong wanting to show off my baby a baby that took a very long time to have.  I should be able to show her off proudly.   Was it a slight towards my IVF I don't think so but maybe it was.  She was very angry with DH and I for what we did.  Was it about my prochoice thinking oh I think so.



GMIL "NO scinentist what do they call babies again?"

Me " a fetus"

GMIL "Begins her rant about abortion"

That was what was said DH was talking with his Aunt (creepy Uncle's wife) and Grandma, being nice trying to include the woman who told my hubby to go to confession.  Yeah I was being the better person and she couldn't be.   Yes she knew my point of view by then and I didn't take the bait.  Did she know that name I have no clue.  Fine think it but you should never talk about to the M-2-B.


Well Sassy do you see how it's easy to become offended when someone was not attempting to offend you?  I went back and looked  you have  changed your wording but there is really no need in becoming offended  when I said that you would  need to clarify in order to understand the progression of events.

Where  did I ever say that you were  'wrong' for wanting to show someone your undeveloped baby pictures?  Personally I think it would be more polite to say hey would you be interested in seeing them ..  Personally photos of my dil's uterus is not what I find conversation worthy.   I said you were wrong for expecting a different response.


You and I see it differently. 

SassyDI

Quote from: Laurie on May 06, 2011, 09:36:31 am
Quote from: SassyDI on May 06, 2011, 09:03:56 am
first off it was DH's grandma(GMIL) not his dad's wife.  2nd I only saw her at family functions while pregnant and yes I brought my U/S to show to family.  Why should I have to hide my U/S because she choose to act like a fool. Sorry Laurie how am I wrong wanting to show off my baby a baby that took a very long time to have.  I should be able to show her off proudly.   Was it a slight towards my IVF I don't think so but maybe it was.  She was very angry with DH and I for what we did.  Was it about my prochoice thinking oh I think so.



GMIL "NO scinentist what do they call babies again?"

Me " a fetus"

GMIL "Begins her rant about abortion"

That was what was said DH was talking with his Aunt (creepy Uncle's wife) and Grandma, being nice trying to include the woman who told my hubby to go to confession.  Yeah I was being the better person and she couldn't be.   Yes she knew my point of view by then and I didn't take the bait.  Did she know that name I have no clue.  Fine think it but you should never talk about to the M-2-B.


Well Sassy do you see how it's easy to become offended when someone was not attempting to offend you?  I went back and looked  you have  changed your wording but there is really no need in becoming offended  when I said that you would  need to clarify in order to understand the progression of events.

Where  did I ever say that you were  'wrong' for wanting to show someone your undeveloped baby pictures?  Personally I think it would be more polite to say hey would you be interested in seeing them ..  Personally photos of my dil's uterus is not what I find conversation worthy.   I said you were wrong for expecting a different response.


Would you find your Daughter's worthy?

LaurieS

see sassy without reason or justification you are becoming very very defensive and attempting to twist my words as note on that last posting of yours.... shall choose not to play that game with you, so do enjoy your day

SassyDI

Quote from: Laurie on May 06, 2011, 10:03:25 am
see sassy without reason or justification you are becoming very very defensive and attempting to twist my words as note on that last posting of yours.... shall choose not to play that game with you, so do enjoy your day


Funny because thats how I am feeling. 

AnonymousDIL

Quote from: SassyDI on May 06, 2011, 09:54:06 am
Quote from: Laurie on May 06, 2011, 09:47:09 am
What is the age of this gmil?


I don't see what ages has to do with anything.  Personally I hate when people use that excuse "There old and set in there ways."  Doesn't give a person the right to be rude, mean and pushy.


That goes both ways.

SassyDI

Quote from: AnonymousDIL on May 06, 2011, 10:10:47 am
Quote from: SassyDI on May 06, 2011, 09:54:06 am
Quote from: Laurie on May 06, 2011, 09:47:09 am
What is the age of this gmil?


I don't see what ages has to do with anything.  Personally I hate when people use that excuse "There old and set in there ways."  Doesn't give a person the right to be rude, mean and pushy.


That goes both ways.


And I didn't get rude mean or pushy to her.  Nope I was polite so I don't get what your getting at. 

SassyDI

What I really wanted to do that first time was not show her at all but I was the bigger person. This was at her DH"s dad's suprise party.(if i said christmas I was mistaken)

The 2nd time was at Christmas I showed the fam the video of DD sucking her tumb.  She said it during the video.  Dh asked if his family wanted to see it.

3rd time was DH's party at his house I don't remember her saying anything then if she saw it I showed some family but can't remember her during that

Last pics I got where at my shower and she got the book before I could stop her. 

It wasn't like I had 20 ultrasunds I had like 4 or5 and she saw the first 3 at

LaurieS

Actually you weren't but that would be a different topic.... it's all in how you chose to view it... I see baiting, you see .. I'm not sure what you see.. but I took your postings as rude, so rude is how I get to view it.

SassyDI

Quote from: SassyDI on May 06, 2011, 10:20:08 am
What I really wanted to do that first time was not show her at all but I was the bigger person. This was at her DH"s dad's suprise party.(if i said christmas I was mistaken)

The 2nd time was at Christmas I showed the fam the video of DD sucking her tumb.  She said it during the video.  Dh asked if his family wanted to see it.

3rd time was DH's party at his house I don't remember her saying anything then if she saw it I showed some family but can't remember her during that

Last pics I got where at my shower and she got the book before I could stop her. 

It wasn't like I had 20 ultrasunds I had like 4 or5 and she saw the first 3 at


she saw the first thee at Dh's dad suprise party

SassyDI

Quote from: Laurie on May 06, 2011, 10:21:02 am
Actually you weren't but that would be a different topic.... it's all in how you chose to view it... I see baiting, you see .. I'm not sure what you see.. but I took your postings as rude, so rude is how I get to view it.


Laurie your losing me now.  So showing a picture to the future great grandma is rude?  Wow I didn't know trying to show her the picture to include her even after she was rude to dh wasn't ok.  I don't see how showing a picture of my baby is rude? 

AnonymousDIL

I view your defensive rantings and attackings of anyone who dares to disagree with you or offer you a different POV as rude. GMIL was baiting you. You claim you didn't take the bait and were the bigger person. Well, the bigger person wouldn't still be bothered by it after all this time.