March 28, 2024, 03:17:15 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Feelings of Hate

Started by lancaster lady, May 06, 2011, 12:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancaster lady

I posted the words ''I have never said I hated anyone in my adult life '' in another topic recently .
I take these back 100% !
I truly hate the sneak thief who entered my home when my back was turned and stole my wallet containing a substantial amount on money . Also a jewellery box containing my engagement ring and other sentimental objects . This happened yesterday
during the morning after I had left my house for a minute to go outside to the rear of my property .
The insurance people are not interested as I hadn't locked the door .....to which I replied ''So each time I hang out my washing I have to bolt the door ?''. They always have an excuse not to pay out any claims after years of paying premiums .
I realise these are hard times , however it doesn't give thieves carte blanche to rob decent hard working people .
So to that opportunist thief ...''Enjoy your spoils , what goes around comes around , and you will get your just rewards one day ''

holliberri

Oh no, LL. I am sorry for what happened. I am also sorry the insurance company won't cover robbery. It hurts just as bad as burglary, especially when they take something sentimental.

AnonymousDIL

Sooooo sorry, LL. This is very unfair.  :'(

SassyDI

Yeah that is really scary.

When I was little that happen to my neighbor I was under 5 when it happen.  My dog(who died when I was 5 hit by a car) was barking and I do remember my dad telling her to shut up or she was coming inside.  Later he told her how sorry he was because she was barking at robbers.  My neighbor had her purse in the kitchen which was by the side door.  They were an older couple and didn't here someone come into their kitchen (they were in there livingroom and steal her purse.  But my dog did and tried to warn us about it.  I am glad though that they didn't hear it because I think it could have turned out bad.  Its sad you got robbed but so glad you were not harmed in it.

I also had left my car unlocked right after my Mother's day 09 and didn't know I did.  Well my Mother's Day present and IPod was in there and it was stolen I was so upset.

LaurieS

Sorry LL.. in the future claim your doors were locked. 

I actually have a simple inexpensive way to help with that and it's all combination locks on all my exterior doors... since it's not time consuming nor do I have to remember keys etc I found that I keep my doors locked when I don't have them open on the back porch for air.

Sorry this happened, nothing feels as invasive as a home burglary.

AnonymousDIL

Quote from: Laurie on May 06, 2011, 07:38:21 AM
Sorry LL.. in the future claim your doors were locked. 

I actually have a simple inexpensive way to help with that and it's all combination locks on all my exterior doors... since it's not time consuming nor do I have to remember keys etc I found that I keep my doors locked when I don't have them open on the back porch for air.

Sorry this happened, nothing feels as invasive as a home burglary.

Those sound like great locks, Laurie. I went through a time where I kept (repeatedly, sometimes 2 times in 1 day, locking myself out. They would be handy....

I always lock my doors because I watch too much CSI lol!

LaurieS

I have six exterior doors.. not even counting the one to the garage.. the chances of coming back in the same door that I exited using is pretty slim... I'll email you the info if you're interested

Pen

LL, I'm sorry to hear this. How frightening and maddening, not to mention violating. How are you feeling today?

DH & I get a little complacent out where we live, but these are hard times and we should all be a bit more watchful at home and in town. He laughs when I lock all the exterior doors before I get in the shower if I'm home alone. He caught me one morning when he turned around to pick up something he'd forgotten on his way to work and thought it was ridiculous for me to be so cautious way out here in the boonies. I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

pam1

Awww LL, I'm sorry to hear this.  I hope you feel better soon, home invasion is scary.  Take it easy on yourself.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

LaurieS

Pen nothing wrong with being safe.... I become to complacent at times... like I just took a shower and left the bathroom door that leads outside wide open for air circulation.  It's funny at times I feel perfectly safe but at night I have more fears.. maybe it's because I know I have my killer chihuahuas to protect me.. I took a picture of one guarding the house yesterday.. I'll post it later

LaurieS

AnonymousDIL

Awwwwww..... He's cute, but somehow I don't think the robber will be scared if he plays dead. LOL

LaurieS

Quote from: AnonymousDIL on May 06, 2011, 09:24:42 AM
Awwwwww..... He's cute, but somehow I don't think the robber will be scared if he plays dead. LOL

Adil... do you see a penis in that picture :)

AnonymousDIL

Quote from: Laurie on May 06, 2011, 09:27:35 AM
Quote from: AnonymousDIL on May 06, 2011, 09:24:42 AM

Adil... do you see a penis in that picture :)

Ummmmm, No?

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, she's cute! LOL I have the horrible habit of stereotyping all dogs as he and all cats as she. I have NO idea why! lol

LaurieS

lol.. why do people do that with cars... is there a reason why people place a gender on machines,  plugs etc.?