March 29, 2024, 01:34:05 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Feelings of Hate

Started by lancaster lady, May 06, 2011, 12:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnonymousDIL

My car is a She. Her name is Veronica. And I got her a pinstripe tattoo on her trunk. Looks like a tramp stamp lol

But DH's truck is a Boy. His name is Chuck!

LaurieS

Your husband just wanted a funny name for the 'name game'   I named my car 'paid off' my dh's 'not paid off'

luise.volta

LL, I'm so sorry your home was violated that way. I can't imagine how angry and vulnerable I would feel. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

lancaster lady

thankyou all so much , I knew I would get support from my WW girls !
I wouldn't have minded so much about the wallet , but some of the jewellery though not expensive had sentimental
value , and you can't replace that .
Living where I do , it's not a common thing to happen , and the police were most surprised . they have been excellent
doing door to door enquiries , which for a sneak theft is quite unusual . must be my standing in the community .... :)
It's a hard lesson to learn , but all bolts are on , and the horse has gone .... :(
It has made us reach a decision however , we are going to sell the house and business and retire ....oh YES !
The problem is we know it's really not the right time to do this , however it might take us a while to sell but with all my health
problems this just put the lid on it !
so ...new beginnings etc ....time to paint and follow more hobbies .Plus I bought a new wallet today  which made me feel
so much better , I don't know why but it did ....lol

thanks once again for your best wishes .... :)

AnonymousDIL

I'm glad to hear that the police are taking it so seriously. Maybe they will still catch the guy and you can get your stuff back!.... In the mean time, what about checking local pawn shops? Could the person take it to one for quick cash?

lancaster lady

thanks Anon ....we don't really have Pawn Shops here where I live .
My friend sells antiques and some jewellery , and I have alerted her .Also the police will circulate a list of the
stolen articles .I don't hold out much hope .Thankfully my more expensive pieces were in another place , now that would
have been a total nightmare .I love diamonds ....! I have a few nice pieces and to lose them would be tragic .
now I know they are just possessions, but I've worked hard to get them !

luise.volta

You are turning lemons into lemonade! A new chapter...retirement...hobbies! Good for you!!!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

So sorry LL.  It makes me so angry when people think they have the right to take something that they didn't work for. 
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

thanks Pooh ...
It seems to be more common than I imagined .When I tell people , they say ''Oh that happened to me , from the car , or porch , or garden '' Lucky that my bank and credit cards were in another wallet !
So you see I do listen sometimes , don't keep your cards in with your cash !
Too many tea leaves about !! (Thieves ).... :)

jill

So sorry this happened to you, LL.  Unfortunately there are a lot of sick people in this world.  Glad you are OK though.................Jill