March 29, 2024, 08:59:28 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Tornadoes, Tornadoes, Tornadoes!!!

Started by Kennedy, April 29, 2011, 12:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rose799

Thanks for the suggestions, Pooh.  I found this one through through the Alabama Governor's office interesting, as well...

http://www.servealabama.gov/2010/default.aspx

The Governor's Emergency Relief Fund is designed to provide assistance to individuals and organizations with recovery costs that are a direct result of a disaster or emergency. The Fund operates on a year-round basis to help residents of Alabama (current residents and evacuees), local businesses and organizations who have exhausted all other avenues of relief, such as FEMA, Red Cross, Salvation Army, other federal, state, and local government relief programs and any other disaster relief programs. The focus of funding is to assist with recovery costs that exceed the coverage provided by insurance, government funding and relief organizations. This is a fund designated to cover unmet needs in the recovery process.

pam1

How's everything going Kennedy?  Fafe? 

Thanks for the link Rose, I had not seen that before. 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Kennedy

Good Morning All,
Things are starting to calm down a bit around here. But there is months and months of work that lay ahead! Thank you for asking.

Pen

Best wishes to you all in your recovery efforts. Thanks for the link.

Our petty little grievances seem unimportant sometimes compared to what so many people around the country and the world are dealing with right now. Kind of puts things in perspective.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Rose799

Quote from: pam1 on May 07, 2011, 06:22:57 AM
Thanks for the link Rose, I had not seen that before.

I didn't know until after I went back to donate at that link - you select from a list of items such as food, diapers, medical supplies, building materials, cleaning supplies, etc. or make a cash donation  -- each at a discounted rate.  You may click the link to see the list without having to enter any personal information. 

holliberri

I have been seeing the stories about flooding in TN.

Pooh...is everything alright?

Every week I'm asking about something new.

Pooh

Any of you that have a facebook page and are interested, we have had one up and running since about Tuesday of last week trying to get information out.  I have about 220 pictures posted it on it now too.  It's Bradley County 911.  It's set up as a page so you can just "like" it and see everything.  I can see your facebook name if you like it, so that's my disclaimer.  We have told people that just want to see these pictures, but don't have a facebook to simply go create a ficticious email account under yahoo, gmail, etc. and create a new facebook with a fake name to keep anomity.

Just if anyone is interested.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

Quote from: Holly on May 09, 2011, 07:46:07 AM
I have been seeing the stories about flooding in TN.

Pooh...is everything alright?

Every week I'm asking about something new.

Hey Holly!  I had just signed on to see if I could catch up for a few minutes.  Everything is going as well as to be expected here.  We are now in accounting, recovery mode so most of my work has switched to paperwork.  We are still taking care of everyone in the public, but now that FEMA arrived Thursday, they have alleviated some of that for us.

Just plodding along.... ;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

Sorry Holly, looks like I completely ignored the your question!  Ok, so maybe I need some more sleep!

It's the western side of the state that is flooding badly, near Memphis.  We are on the Southeastern side of TN, so we are not having that problem (thank goodness). 
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

Here's just a few shots of some of our neighborhoods.  It looks like a war zone in at least 1/3 of our County.

Joseph Campbell

holliberri

Oh, well, I'm sorry for the flooding, but I am glad that you are at least spared one tragedy at the moment.

Those pictures are just devastating.

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

Pretty intense. My thoughts are with you, Pooh, and all who are dealing with this.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

pam1

My thoughts are with you too Pooh and all the others.  Pictures really do seem to bring it all home.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

lancaster lady

Pooh :....sleep soundly ..... 8)

Those photos are heartbreaking , you wonder just how much a person can take .