April 19, 2024, 10:03:42 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Mothers' Day

Started by jill, May 04, 2011, 08:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rose799

Quote from: Pen on May 05, 2011, 08:32:43 AM
There's probably a 2 X 4 option at some nail salons, you never know  :D

:D :D :D :D :D

luise.volta

I don't have much going on about Mother's Day. My eldest sort-of daughter brought me Flowers and plants two weeks ago when she celebrated her 66th with me...right before she took off on her first motor home journey in her new (old) motor home. My sort of son may come up and take me out to breakfast. He sometimes does. Another sort of daughter took a day off yesterday and took me out for an "early Mother's Day lunch." My biological sons are in Paradise and Heaven, respectively. Calls, cards and e-cards will come.

Mostly I feel loved to pieces by the lot of them year-round and don't feel the need for much else.

My own mother was a bit cynical..."Don't get me one of those mother-of-pearl pins that says "MOTHER" on it because I will refuse to wear it. Mother's Day is for merchants who want revenue and play on emotions to get it." (She was a bit ahead of her time!  ;D ;D ;D)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

lancaster lady

ask Luise to chose a WWU day .....then we can all celebrate together in different parts of the world .
Mother's day here was in March , I received cards in the post , but no one in person , nice to be remembered though .

luise.volta

That is so appropriate, LL, because I launched WWU on Mother's Day 2009!!!!!

And so WWU Day is Mother's Day!!!!  :D :D :D

lancaster lady

well Happy Anniversary/Birthday / Mother's Day  to you Luise !!

You are a cherished lady , hope you have a Happy Day ...... :)

luise.volta

Thanks!  :D Now that you have reminded me, I will post if for one and all...since it is WWU Day!

jill

Thanks for all your replies. Laurie, I too have all kinds of things my dds made for me when they were little, including all kinds of hand drawn cards, even a pin from odd handmade with "My mom's the best" on it.  But because she has told me she had such an awful childhood, I feel that they don't mean anything any more.

Anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful WWU on Sunday.................Jill 

SassyDI

I was a little worried this year about Mother's Day because last year it caused a fight.  My mother got mad at me last year along with other family memeber for not joining my parents, grandma, sister and her bf for dinner.  I wanted to go somewhere different then them and my mom never asks me.  Then they all got mad and told me I should be there for Grandma.  Well Grandma is not my mother and I am a mother know.  My Grandma has had over 60 mother's day my Mom this year will be 31 so yeah sorry I feel I have a little right to bask in the glow of motherhood after all I am on number 4.  They have had there say on places to eat what to do for decades.  Growing up we only spent it with just my parents and my sister.  I did really enjoy it being about my new little family last year.(Other years I have gone with out with mom too).  MIL passed before I met DH so we don't do Mother's Day with his side. 

This year who knows what will happen Saturday we were suppose to do an early Mother's Day with my mom and dad and sister and her fiance but my Uncle(Mom's older brother) passed away this week and we are having a reflection for him on Saturday.  And I asked if she wanted to do something Sunday and she said not really thinking about it.  Which I understand. 

holliberri

I am sorry about your Uncle, SassyDI.

We're going to spend Mother's Day with MIL...it usually works out that way one way or another. I asked DH not to get my anything b/c I really don't need much and I still haven't used my Christmas gift (which is a spa day...you'd think I'd cash in that gift card!). Plus, I never felt like this holiday would ever be celebrating me anyhow. There are too many mom's around for that. I'll take the ordinary days. LOL.

Pen

My condolences, SassyDI.

Just think, in a few years you'll be the matriarch and it'll be your turn to call the shots!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

I have one Son that I will hear from and one I will not.  I have no expections from that one, so really, it isn't going to bother me.  We just had all the tornadoes, and that Son did not even bother to check if we were dead or alive, so in my mind it's his lost.  I called my Mother five times.

That may sound harsh, but that is truly how I feel about it.  I will rejoice in the one Son I have and visit my Mom and MIL.  Good enough for me!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Kirk sent me an image of a little bear holding a bouquest of roses the day we lauched www.MomResponds.com which was Mothers Day 2005

lancaster lady

He's a cutie ....I have one similar called Teddy Edward ..... ;D

pam1

Awww that is cute Luise.

DH tried to get me a google tv, I'm glad I found out before hand so I could put the kibosh on it.  I think it was mostly for him  ;D

I told him again, I'm not into the big gifts, you don't have to wow me.  Errr, I wish it was so easy as him sending me a cute image.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

Laurie taught me how to do that.   ;D The image was on my other website. I just love it!